CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

The yearly light at end of the tunnel, Spring forward!

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

3/7/24 10:49 PM

The yearly light at end of the tunnel, Spring forward!

It starts with me moving light timers later and later in my out buildings. I start to get excited about riding outside after the wet cold season here. Nice days here and there in the mid 50s starting mid Feb usually. Between 5-6 stents of rain, usually light but occasionally heavy as well.

The real enlightenment for me is Sun, springing forward as the uplifting deliminator.

Tomorrow will be 57-8^ and I will leave my CT for a 30 miler outside... Ahhhh..... I will be happy for my CT days once out, less suffering initially with some fitness base etc.

Enjoy it youz guiz...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

3/8/24 7:17 AM

I think we move the clock the wrong direction in the fall. Id much prefer light until 7pm here instead of 5pm.

KerryIrons

3/8/24 9:55 AM

quote:
I think we move the clock the wrong direction in the fall. Id much prefer light until 7pm here instead of 5pm.

You just live on the wrong end of the time zone. Where I went to college, we were eastern time and 100 miles west of Chicago. When we switched to Daylight Savings time back in the early '70s, every drive-in theater went out of business because it was still light at 10:30 at night. Even where I live now, our Solar Noon is 1:45 in the summer, 12:45 in the winter. I remember visiting Connecticut in late fall and sunset was around 4:00 PM.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

3/8/24 5:58 PM

My dream would be for this weekend to be the last time we ever change the clocks. Change them, then leave them alone, forever.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

3/10/24 5:22 AM

combining threads

Good thing the computer, phone and cable remembered, because I didn't - I would have missed the first hour of Paris-Nice!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/11/24 7:39 AM

Ahhh... even a 70' day this week mixed in with 5 mid 60s here.

Computrainer may get last ride today for a while maybe...

tizcycling chock full of spring Classics and early stage races fyi.

https://tiz-cycling.io/categories/stage-races-2024/

https://tiz-cycling.io/categories/spring-classics/

RCoapman

3/13/24 6:40 AM

I've already been out several times this year. Today is gorgeous and I should be out but all my bikes are in various states of getting ready for spring which seems to have already arrived. Off to the basement in a moment.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

3/14/24 4:50 AM

I've been getting in a few rides, offroad when it's cold and/or windy or the roads are sloppy, and on the road when they're clear and the weather cooperates. Up until this week, I really felt like crap on the bike, but during a gravel ride on Tuesday and a road ride yesterday, I finally started to feel pretty good. Hopefully, that's a harbinger of things to come! Tonight's conditions should be good for another road ride, so we'll see.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -