HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Calling dddd

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

4/24/23 1:00 PM

Calling dddd

Do you have a system of riding/rolling your collection/ inventory?

When I get to needing to put effort out to re-organize, flipping some occurs to me [for a few minutes].

I tend to ride a fav or two, mostly contingent on seasonal muck, et al. I become less and less interested in disc bikes, sans 29er I see no reason to ever part with... But certainly road/gravel/allroad, zero interest to get newer versions to mount calipers more contemporary like, etc.

One example; 1992 S-Works MTB steel fork, 265.00 space bucks. Sell, ride? coin does not matter, even @ 100% profit. Too cool to let fly [3rd minute].

Anywho, a system to share the rolling love escapes me.. Help me Obe Wan, you're my only hope? ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dddd

5/18/23 4:22 PM

Even if the coin matters, Ebay sales are taxable, another dent in the "return on investment".

My own sales/flips tend to be random, someone wants to buy a bike I'm riding and I'm all ears (unless it's one of my first rides on it).

Several hours goes into each build or rebuild, that ten to twelve hours should at least net me ten rides.
But space is limited so stuff has to go, meaning seasonal "clearance" is an annual event while demand is briefly high.

This year got a very late start, rain stopped only weeks ago while the last 2 years were bike season in February, bees flying and all that!

Reminds me that I've got a recumbent taking up lots of sq ft!

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -