CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Jupiter perigee tonight telescope owners.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

9/26/22 1:07 PM

Jupiter perigee tonight telescope owners.

Get your telescope out if you'll have an E-SE clear sky tonight 20:00 on. Well here that's where it will be and when...

Jupiter will be the closest to earth [and visa versa] in 60 years.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman

9/30/22 6:53 AM

Man I love stargazing but I don't need another pricey hobby. Also, I pretty much go to bed with the sun most of the year, the depths of winter being the exception, so it's not compatible with my current lifestyle.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

9/30/22 9:22 AM

We are pretty SE of bad contrast ratio in the sky from city lights. NE to SW is dark sky and you see clearly so much.

I gave my son for x-mas many years ago specific sky binos 75mm fully anti reflective treated inside. They are in Spokane and not here unfortunately, as is he. But with sheit $26.00 binos I saw multiple moons of Jupiter. They say 4 with binos is easy, I saw at least 5, but its possible stars behind were showing close too. And it is hard to hold them still even leaning them to a solid wall etc., no tripod worth using here..

RCoapman

10/13/22 10:07 AM

WOWOWOWOWOW

I just confirmed this. I have a set of Vortex binocs, not specific for sky, and saw 4 no problem. Still kind of blown away....

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/13/22 10:15 AM

We had a Telescope here Tuesday night for Elaine's dinner/b-day get together. Monday night the AQI improved to single digits after days of 100-150 wildfire muck..

I never in my life saw Saturn thru a telescope. The rings so clear, it was something to see thru your own eye.

As fa as Jupiter went, only 3 moons in view. The moon was to be promising too, but rose behind a stand of trees. So no good line of sight until after the person with the telescope had to split...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -