HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

On the Road(bike) Again

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

4/16/22 1:56 PM

On the Road(bike) Again

This note may have some relevance to other “aging” posters.

Weather's getting pretty good for riding here. As indicated in another thread, my e-tap batteries on the road bike are looking possibly shaky, inspiring me to charge and ride.

I tend to ride the gravel CrossCheck more as I do a lot of utility riding, and after the accident last year got away from the road bike. It’s fairly long and low, a bit more so than the CrossCheck. It’s easy to think the CrossCeheck is fine on roads, I don’t really need a road bike.

But then I ride it and realize that ain’t so. Old and creaky as I am, I still sit on the road bike pretty well and enjoy the position. Plus it rolls a bit faster and handles a bit better (though it’s not a quick handler) than the CC. It’s just a bit more fun to ride on roads, and I find myself wanting to punch it more.

An added bonus. My neck has been pretty stiff and sore for a couple weeks, bad enough I had trouble sleeping a couple nights. In my demented old age I start to think about blood clots, dissected arteries, etc. Didn't really think so, but still….On the road bike I am a little more leaned over, so I have to raise my neck a bit more. At first it was pretty sore and I thought, this may be an issue…..But with riding it loosened up and after two rides feels better than it has in weeks. Just another indication I am supposed to ride…:)

Realized I really missed the Berthoud bar end mirror on the CC, so I ordered another one!

Really glad I got back on this bike.

Reply to topic    

Andy M-S

4/16/22 3:51 PM

Good news all ‘round Dan. There is something about a good bike on a good road that can’t be beat. Glad the neck is working well!

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

4/16/22 4:36 PM

Enjoy and ride safe and away from cars best you can I guess.

IIRC, the e-tap is the Domane/Segafredo RSL?

I get that, my 2013 Domane Classics is the origin of the RaceShop line, and I ride it mostly. Like you I have lots to choose from as well. Just ready to be stomped on in a nano and oblige.

I like my Gravel stuff too, but 30mm semi-fatties on a monster road machine IS gratifying to me as well in same way.

dan emery

4/16/22 5:37 PM

RSL

Yeah, that’s the bike. I’ve got 32 mm Rene Herse Stampede Pass extralights on it, and it has the front and rear suspension things.

And so far the batteries are holding a charge!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

4/16/22 5:54 PM

I have a watchful eye out for a H1.5 RSL Disc. OCLV 700. Before the seatpost went internal style.
Probably the only thing that can unseat the Classics.

I missed the perfect frameset on the ProsCloset a while back. But never saw price either as it sold before I saw it on the site, and they don't show sold prices.

Sparky

4/18/22 1:11 PM

>>I’ve got 32 mm Rene Herse Stampede Pass extralights I’ve got 32 mm Rene Herse Stampede Pass extralights

Ever measure those inflated to ??

Seems reading online they are short of 32mm aired up. Which may make them a candidate for my Classics with a 30.8mm tire on it having breathing room for a touch fattier, but just a little...

dan emery

4/18/22 1:20 PM

no

I don't measure tires and don't have calipers. Herse does describe them as slightly less than 32, or something like that.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

4/18/22 3:41 PM

My Stampede Pass extralights on Velocity A23 rims measure 31.2mm

For some strnge reason I cant log into the forum on my new iPad.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -