Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Downeast Debacle
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Wheels

8/17/21 7:42 PM

quote:
Yes, I have my very own Spirometer. I score much better now than when in the hospital.

Dan, I still have my spirometer from my AAA operation. I remember getting it from the nurse who told me the goal before I left was to go to at least 30 on the scale. Nurse left wife and I tried to do it by into it blowing into it and got it to 5 after nearly killing myself. Tried and tried again and couldn't get ti to budge.

Wife came in a few hours later and I was all upset and going bananas because I couldn't achieve the goal. I said it was broken and she needs to ask the nurse for a new one. My wife, who is a nurse, made it move effortlessly. She gave it back to me and watch me try it again and just as I was ready to heave it across the room, said you Inhale, not exhale. Such an idiot. Did correctly and hit 30 without breaking a sweat.

Glad you are mending well.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

8/18/21 5:07 AM

Good one, Wheels

That’s funny. It is a bit counterintuitive that you inhale to raise the float. If I wasn’t instructed I’d probably do exactly what you did.

Reply to topic    

LeeW

8/18/21 6:01 AM

That was a good one.

Perhaps counterinutitive until you remember that the overall goal is to inflate the injured lung.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -