HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Anyone find free English Giro coverage?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

10/3/20 8:57 AM

Anyone find free English Giro coverage?

I'm able to get a live video feed (using VPN) from Rai TV, but it's in Italian. I haven't been able to find a free TV or radio broadcast in English. Any ideas?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/3/20 9:21 AM

Without going back thru all the VPN related posts, what dd you settle on for VPN?

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

10/3/20 9:41 AM

Express VPN. So far, it works great, but it can't make coverage magically appear.

I'm not surprised that the Giro is getting sort of a cold shoulder from many cycling broadcasters, as none of the top names are there, since there were all at the Tour. About the only thing that's particularly interesting after today is that Lawson Craddock is in a good position.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/3/20 10:09 AM

I tried a free 7 day PureVPN. I get a Milan IP, now where to find the actual Giro coverage??

Caught the TT on You-tube minus VPN etc etc.

I did not see one face mask in the dense crowds either... Had to double check if I was watching last years by mistake.

Nick Payne

10/3/20 4:52 PM

You could put the GCN app on a phone/tablet and pay a few dollars for one month's race coverage. You get the Eurosport coverage, and the app can cast to a TV screen if you have a Chromecast dongle or if the TV has built-in Chromecast, as quite a number do these days. Besides live streaming you can also playback the last couple of months worth of races.

I have the app on my Android phone - I pay an annual subscription of $AU65 (~$US45) in order to get all the European cyclocross coverage which I can't otherwise view. I think a single month's coverage is about $AU12 / $US8. If you have a subscription you can also access the race coverage on a PC via their website.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

10/3/20 4:58 PM

Cool

Now there’s an English Giro?

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

10/3/20 6:01 PM

Yes, but not without subscribing. I ran into issues with Eurosport when I tried to subscribe previously, as if you give them a US credit card, they reject it because Fubo is the official broadcaster for the US, not Eurosport. In that case, the VPN doesn't help, because it doesn't matter where it appears that you're located, the card number gives it away.

I haven't tried GCN, so I'll look into that tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll get a daily Italian lesson as I listen. ;-)

BTW, Liege-Bastogne-Liege is on tomorrow, too. That should be available on SBS using a VPN.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/4/20 5:52 PM

I am watching Giro stages with PureVPN set to UK spoof on a Welch site. Audio muted, what a bizzare language, and the spelling of it is even more bizzare.. Stage coverage 3 hr. for today.

Brian Nystrom

10/5/20 5:51 AM

I tried them on Saturday in the hope it was in English, but no such luck. Yeah, Welsh is an odd language, for sure. I'm watching the Rai TV coverage in Italian, which at least seems appropriate.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -