HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

9/9 Stage 11 [spoiler]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

9/9/20 9:02 PM

9/9 Stage 11 [spoiler]

Wout clearly moved right and closed Sagan to the barrier, granted it was a tight lane Peter took.

Again, like with the Cav crash, Sagan get the example made on him for what looked legit to me...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

LeeW

9/10/20 5:47 AM

I thought the ruling was "a little" harsh.

Yes, Wout drifted right by 5-8 cm and there was a noticeable shoulder lean by Peter, but this is professional bike sprinting, which by its nature, is rarely going to be clean and contact free. Sort of like saying the NBA game allows no physical contact. I used to see magnitudes worse contact/conduct from the likes of McEwan or Cavendouche (to borrow Brian's favorite nickname;-) or a host of other sprinters through the years.

That doesn't even mention the block in the barriers or the selfie stick that Peter had to contend with (although he said he didn't notice the selfie stick).

I guess the officials were trying to maintain control early in the event.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

9/10/20 7:31 AM

Sagan got screwed, plain and simple. I've seen a lot worse contact without any penalties. He didn't impede Van Aert, he just pushed him sideways and if you look at the video, VA didn't miss a pedal stroke. Sagan was obviously going faster and was going to beat him.

I agree with Robbie McEwan who opined that the commissionaires are trying to "sanitize" sprinting. Sam Bennett - who Sagan beat to the line - asked "When did sprinting get soft?"

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

9/10/20 7:33 AM

Sagan got screwed, plain and simple. I've seen a lot worse contact without any penalties. He didn't impede Van Aert, he just pushed him sideways and if you look at the video, VA didn't miss a pedal stroke. Sagan was obviously going faster and was going to beat him.

I agree with Robbie McEwan who opined that the commissionaires are trying to "sanitize" sprinting. Sam Bennett - the guy that who had the most to lose if Sagan's result was allowed to stand - asked "When did sprinting get soft?" That pretty much says it all.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

9/10/20 12:30 PM

Stage 12

NM

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -