View posts since last visit

Sportgold streaming

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

5/28/19 12:34 PM

Sportgold streaming

Subscription period: May 28, 2019 - April 28, 2020

54.95, so 55.00 for 11 months?

It was 40.00 for a year and included previous years races.

Anyone using this this season?

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

5/28/19 2:17 PM

Every time I think about subscribing, I look at it and they have raised the price. If they had the giro or all the spring classics I'd probably do it, but the TdeF is on TV anyway, and its free. If I could watch it on my TV I'd be more inclined, but I'd have to buy something else to watch the gold streaming on my TV. Also, I don't think I can watch it on my iMac which is my second choice.

Brian Nystrom

5/29/19 5:10 AM

Well, Fubo TV which is the official TV provider for many races charges almost that much per month. While NBC Sports Gold isn't a bargain, it's not completely outlandish and they do cover several races other than the Tour. Additionally, they cover a lot of other sports.

Reply to topic    

henoch

5/29/19 7:59 AM

To be fair to Fubo, you are not really comparing apples to apples.
FuboTV is a full service TV provider like Sling or DirecTV Now, so you are paying for the full suite of channels they provide, the cycling add on is about $13 per month, but the coverage they provide, while it dosent include the Tour far exceeds what NBC offers.

Another great option is Flobikes, which is $150 for the year.

BTW I see no reason why you count watch NBC gold on your iMac, also any phone or tablet, plus Roku, Apple TV, etc...

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/29/19 10:12 AM

"while it dosent include the Tour"

Seem to indicate US only for TDF programming.

>> subscribers to FuboTV in the U.S.A. have access to NBC races such as the Tour de France, Tour of California, Colorado Classic, Vuelta a Espana and more.

Does that mean it cost extra to use the NBC, dunno. I do know the gold falls short VS the NBC TV coverage.

Brian Nystrom

5/29/19 10:31 AM

The issue I have with Fubo is that you can't buy just the cycling package, so unless you want the rest of what they offer, it's ridiculously expensive. As Sparky noted, it includes the NBC content. Whether it's a fair comparison to NBC SG or not is somewhat irrelevant, at least to me. Unless they decide to offer a la carte cycling coverage, I'm not interested.

Last edited by Brian Nystrom on 5/29/19 10:37 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

henoch

5/29/19 10:31 AM

I think I made a mistake, with FuboTV, since it includes NBC then you do get the Tour automatically, so I was wrong there, and then if you pay for the Cycling upgrade package you get a TON more races, including the Giro
http://www.cyclingfans.com/fubotv

Reply to topic    

henoch

5/29/19 10:35 AM

@Brian

Yes indeed you are right, and that is why Flobikes is fantastic, it's $150 and has a ton of races.
https://www.flobikes.com/events/6293874-2019-broadcast-calendar/entries

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

5/29/19 10:44 AM

Yeah, that's about what the cycling add-on for Fubo costs, so if you watch a lot of racing, it's a good deal.

These days, I'm just using the free version of Proton VPN and watching coverage of the Giro in Italian through CyclingFans.com. Every so often I hear a few words I recognize and obviously the names are easy to pick up on. I keep Google Translate running too, so I can look up words and add to my meager Italian vocabulary while I watch the race. It's a free two-fer! ;-)

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -