HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Been image googling Pegoretti Responsorium

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

3/26/19 5:41 PM

Been image googling Pegoretti Responsorium

This may be a very bad idea for me to be doing, gah!

Excuse the nasty google url code

https://www.google.com/search?q=pegoretti%20responsorium&tbm=isch&hl=en&hl=en&tbs=rimg%3ACfAFPiVJpT3AIkDfoOmxoPcnYx4wz6R75AAhNC8jjY_18MSRYi_1HFKK9DNuegjeOyyXBmBVdmb4v-dGaYCrfg4ytYXoari_1Mz_1n7rKhIJ36DpsaD3J2MRA7p6MyQXOxwqEgkeMM-ke-QAIRGgpF3buQdNUyoSCTQvI42P_1DEkEVRIl7YByBhoKhIJWIvxxSivQzYRZjxfr4jYwVcqEgnnoI3jsslwZhGgBEuZGjsR-ioSCQVXZm-L_1nRmEaPovJz9_1uaFKhIJmAq34OMrWF4RRByEmR7B4nQqEgmGq4vzM_15-6xEDBemAw2xxhA&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&prmd=isnv&ved=0CBIQuIIBahcKEwjgpa6n-6DhAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQEA&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=36DpsaD3J2OwhM

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

3/26/19 6:29 PM

Be sure to watch the headtube length. I like a lot of stack but to get a bike long enough resulted in a really long headtube. You may have to chop the headtube.

Sparky

3/26/19 8:42 PM

Sure that is someone's custom. I just like the art, a lot.

Another: Left Huge to see nuance of the art.

Craig

3/31/19 12:58 AM

Pegoretti used tall head tubes. But he built to traditional standards. He maintained a standover height for a given size, horizontal top tube, and extended the head tube to make up for the additional height a quill stem would afford you. Definitely check the head tube length on a Pegoretti, and any bike you buy. I think you'll find the Pegoretti within norms for a given size.

And if you have the cash, buy one. I owned a Pegoretti once. I've had over a hundred bikes go through my collection, some of them pretty special, and the only one I regret selling is my Pegoretti. I tried to buy it back from the guy I sold it to. I even offered him a Record Colnago Extreme C direct trade for it (Pegoretti Fina Estampa frameset retailed for about $2000 less than the Extreme C, and the Peg has 10spd Centaur on it vs. Record on the Colnago) and he refused. He's ridden it. He knows.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/31/19 10:21 AM

The Spectrum Super may well be 'one of those' bikes. I know i am in the honeymoon phase... I also dont know how much credit for how i feel on it to having 30 lb less 'me' spinning the pedals on it. I ended my 46 mile ride yesterday with over 20 miles in big ring, last 20. I do not recall seing a bike back in the house sitting in the big ring for a long time.

I see a lot of Spectrums on the inet with the exrended HT, and other customs as well. The spec sheet/pdf Tom Kellogg show 1CM HT extension.

Pino

4/6/19 2:31 AM

Was lucky to order one just in time. Might be one of the last ones. Marcello Ciavete

Only ride it on beautiful days and it rides like a dream.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vjqnBGF9ArYkMzcp8

Sparky

4/6/19 10:26 AM

Nice.

There is a high end bike shop here that has quite a few in inventory. The fancier paint schemes are $9,000.00.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -