HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Fitbits ??

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

3/17/19 4:29 PM

Fitbits ??

Wife sez all the gals at work have one for the 'break' exercising they are all doing.

Who here knows enough about them to suggest which one and why etc?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

stan

3/17/19 5:22 PM

Fitbit charge

I have the Charge 2 but it’s been replaced with the Charge 3 and costs more. I use it for walking, occasional running, and sleep monitoring. It displays resting pulse rate for the day and that helps keep track of my fitness, over training, and needed rest. The sleep monitor function is really insightful. One more function useful is average heart rate for each e ercise actvitity.

Other models have more functions I wouldn’t use.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/17/19 9:58 PM

Do charge them via a USB port on your PC? Or is there another charger involved, and does it come with the charger??

Brian Nystrom

3/18/19 7:48 AM

Check on Craigslist and you'll probably find hundreds of them for sale in your area. A quick check here in NH yielded dozens, many of them brand new.

Reply to topic    

stan

3/18/19 3:32 PM

USB charger

I use both my PC and the 110v transformer for my iPhone and iPad. A two hour charge lasts 5 days

Reply to topic    

stan

3/18/19 3:34 PM

USB charger

I use both my PC and the 110v transformer for my iPhone and iPad

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

3/20/19 5:47 AM

I was given an Alta model a couple of years ago. The charger for that model has a proprietary clamp on one end and regular USB on the other. It doesn't need a high mA wall wart. When I remember to plug it in, it gets charged while I'm taking a shower, haven't gotten a low battery message this year. This is a low-function model, the new ones have HR. Fashion would be a determining factor too. I'm probably wrong (fashion, what day of the week is it?) - but women seem to be wearing large watch faces these days. Sleep: insightful ✔ . Alarms/notifications/reminders/who's calling/read a text sent to your phone/...can I get a break? overload - and mine's probably a 2015 release. IIRC Dick Tracy had one.

If this is a gift, buy a couple styles of bands. I got more mileage out of her reaction to the bands than to the watch when I reciprocated the gift.

Sparky

3/20/19 10:27 AM

"If this is a gift, buy a couple styles of bands."

Fer Sure! ;)

stan

3/20/19 5:23 PM

Sizes

Check the website for band size info. It comes in small and large. I got bands online for about half price.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/20/19 5:57 PM

A friend lent us a charge 2 for Elaine to experience/learn. It is a metal band with a magnet catch which seems cool to me. So let the games begin. ;)

Sparky

3/24/19 5:15 AM

Picked up a re-furbed Vivoactive Garmin HR GPS. Was talking to the lady only to find out a very cool cycling fact.
She is the sole woman to have done every Cycle Oregon Event that has transpired from the 1st/beginning to date.

I am wearing the Charge 2 until we return it..

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -