Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Strade Bianche

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Pino

3/16/19 12:07 PM

Strade Bianche

Hi Guys and Gals,
had the opportunity to ride the Strade Bianche this year. If you are in the vicinity don't forget to do some riding in this magic region.
Some pics at https://photos.app.goo.gl/J3RmfLzE6XAvPuvr8

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

henoch

3/17/19 12:17 PM

The pictures look awesome, and it looks like you had a great time.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

3/17/19 2:09 PM

At first I thought

it was a new bike. But the event is even cooler!

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

3/18/19 7:39 AM

It looks like it was a wonderful experience! It must have been quite something riding into the Piazza del Campo in Siena!

That's my one regret from our trip to Tuscany in 2016, we didn't get to ride any "official" Strade Biache. There were a few short stretches of similar nature - mostly construction zones where the pavement had been removed, exposing the white gravel surface - but that's not the real deal.

Somehow, riding those roads on a smart trainer isn't quite the same, either...

Reply to topic    

Pino

3/18/19 2:48 PM

The finish was spectacular and the best I experienced in many sportives. Was great to be on the Piazza on Saturday and watch the last 15 k of the womens race on the big screen and the finish of Annemiek van Vleuten (almost a neigbour here). The ride itself was varied and took us along many different kind of roads with stunning views. The Strade Bianche was dry and not a technical difficulty, any bike with 25mm tyres would do. I was too heavy for my gearing on small parts of two climbs, but no issues with slipping. We had some parts of the Eroica routes which I hope to ride some day, even though not in the Eroica-event. Lovely part of the world.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

3/18/19 7:19 PM

Yeah, we really fell in love with Italy, too. Between the wonderful people, the incredible food and the fantastic riding, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, at least for vacations.

If you haven't been yet, next time you go to Italy, you need to go the the Madonna del Ghisallo Chapel and the Museo del Ciclismo. They are pure ecstasy for a a bike nut! On top of that, the riding in the area has truly spectacular views of Lake Como and the surrounding mountains. It's a definite "bucket list" item!

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -