Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Hey Dan-incoming

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
greglepore

12/25/18 5:46 PM

Hey Dan-incoming

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=230869&highlight=ottrott&page=2

Sorry, pics are photobucket...but they're in the link.

What, 15 yrs after yours? Its nice, ST stays, asymmetric HT, just need to drill it for di2.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

12/25/18 6:47 PM

Nice

Does this mean you bought it?

It's a great bike. I still ride mine on the computrainer, but I'd be perfectly happy with it as a primary road bike.

I got mine in early 2005, so about 14 years.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/25/18 7:29 PM

Nice. Hope I never see one in my size!!

dfcas

12/25/18 8:22 PM

Thatís a nice ride.

Sparky

12/25/18 9:38 PM

For the thread: [Some pic hyjack/re-hosting]

Brian Nystrom

12/26/18 8:31 AM

They definitely are pretty frames.

I've always wondered if the seat stays were just a way to use up leftover carbon forks with 1" steerer tubes. ;-)

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/26/18 9:59 AM

Is it a road race or sport GEOM?

"just need to drill it for di2"

Or SRAM eTap and spare it of the drill bit molestation? ;)

Me, it would get Super Record 12s, yes with cables. ;)

More probably non super Record 12s to help pay for the rest of the build. [being 900 space bucks cheaper and all]

greglepore

12/26/18 12:55 PM

Yeah, etap would be the ticket at current pricing but I have a di2 9070 group in inventory. Serotta did drill these for di2 at the end of their run-they found the ti lugs plenty durable for that, but their steel frames developed stress risers so no go.

Sparky

12/26/18 2:57 PM

"steel frames developed stress risers so no go."

I've thought of that on a lugged frame. Where you have the tube and the Lug to drill a hole thru. I thought about doing that to the colnago when I got the Victory frame back. Drilling a hole for the Di2 wire in the club cutout on the DT lug though the actual .9mm SLX tube. I'd have only drilled a 2.7mm hole. the Di2 wire is 2.5 not counting the E-Tube ends. I;d have cut and re-spliced the middle to keep the hole as small as possible.

FWIW, I have a 531 Reynolds Crescent frameset, made in Sweden. There is a hole drilled thru the DT lug/tube and BB for a wire about the same diameter of the Di2 middle section for presumably a light/generator wire. The wire is still in there too.

Sparky

12/26/18 2:59 PM

Are you DIY drilling? Going with the standard Di2 grommet hole size? If you do DIY drill, chamfer the edges inside an out.

dan emery

12/26/18 3:27 PM

Drill etc

I'd put something like Chorus mechanical on it and forget about it. I have eTap on a bike, and I like it, but IMHO it's no better than Chorus mechanical, and actually slightly slower. I have Record mechanical on my Ottrott, and if I put it back on the road as a fultime machine, I wouldn't dream of updating the drive train with drilling and related shenanigans.

But if you want to check out e-shifting, go for it. But there's really no reason to other than curiosity (which didn't stop me. :)

Reply to topic    

greglepore

12/26/18 5:43 PM

I have an SR11 bike, a Etap bike, and a Di2 bike. Etap is fine, but I don't like the ergonomics much. SR11 hoods are amazing, as is the rear shifting. The front shifting is fine too, but I have tiny hands and an arthritic left wrist, so after more than 30 mi it wears on me a bit. That said, I just made a guy an offer on a Record 11 shift group, used.

I'm parting some bikes out due to space/lack of use and I have a 9070 di2 group with low miles. I don't need the cranks or brakes, so ... its better than free at this point.

With that said, if anyone wants a Willier Cento uno Air, in size small (like 51-53) with 9070 and 17mm internal 25 ex carbon wheels for 1500 shipped, lemme know. Photos are in the paceline classifieds.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -