HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Winter/rain tire report

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

12/28/18 11:40 PM

Winter/rain tire report

Stuck some Hutchinson Overide 35mm tubeless 'gravel' tires for wet road use. Chose these to have some clearance for fenders on the disc Strong.

I am liking them, although [and I may have mentioned in a thread here already] 35mm for a gravel tire for a Clyde like me... I run 40-42mm for that.

These got the full wet test today, including mowing over pine needle dams along the bike lane. Passed with flying colors @ 65/75 lb for road use.

Available in a 38mm too. The 35mm is 35-6mm on a 622x20 rim, they run 360 grams and no tube of course. Being to the smaller side they need little sealant. They do not feel heavy at all being pushed. I'd say favorable review from me.

Had test tried them initially on dry hard pack woods stuff, too small for that. They hooked up well @ 40/50 lb and rode nice on the smooth stuff. Too small a tire for me for rough stuff. I guess I could have tried less air, but I got better tires for that use anyway.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

12/29/18 10:52 AM

On a side note [re:road tires] I ordered some Pro Endurance 25mm Michelins. Wanted some bigger tires than the blue sidewall Lithion 23s I put on the Campy wheels I picked up. Decorating, got some Fizik Blue tape as well. Walter made me do it. ;)

To my disappointment, the casings are NOT like the Axial Pro and Pro 4 SC 25s that are fatties. They are real 25s. The 25 SC are more like 28s. The fattest of the 25s I have used.

The Pro Endurance are barely bigger than the 23mm Lithion 2s, yes.... like 2mm bigger. ;O

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -