CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

The TDF is interesting already! (spoiler)

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

7/8/18 2:17 PM

The TDF is interesting already! (spoiler)

Nibali and Bardet are sitting pretty with a minute plus on the other main contenders, without expending any extra energy to do so. The others all had to burn some matches just to limit their losses. If this week continues to be a crash-fest - which is likely - it could be as decisive as the mountains when it comes to the GC. I really feel for Craddock and hope he can continue. It's a shame about Sanchez.

It was cool to see Gaviria get his first TDF stage win yesterday and Petey take over the green jersey today. It could be an epic battle between those two, perhaps with Colbrelli nipping at their heels. Although Degenkolb had no apparent chance of doing anything today, I can see why he was pissed at Sagan, who seemed to overestimate how quickly he was passing him.

Cavendish is nowhere to be seen. Karma.

Reply to topic    

LeeW

7/8/18 2:49 PM

Interesting indeed.

I'll be curious to see how the TTT comes into play, since arguably the two biggest favorites in the discipline (BMC & Sky) both have their main GC man about a minute back of the other possibles. I'm sure both teams expected to vault their GC men ahead of the others, but now they will probably be hoping just to get close to even again.

Quintana, however, is likely in huge trouble since Movistar is typically not a top performer in the TTT.

Nothing like first week drama.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

7/8/18 10:35 PM

I wonder how much of the speed Colbrelli was closing with was due to his own speed or Sagan’s relaxing. Was Sagan’s wheel lift from a quick ‘whoops didn't see ya?’

Really want to see Nibali or Quintana take it. Nibali just rides smarter and Quintana, who knows, a fulfillment of potential after losing grasp last year maybe.

I guess Chavenel won’t find yellow but it was great he stayed in the bunch after his effort today.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

7/8/18 11:34 PM

I think Sagan's wheel lift may have been just how hard he pushed the front of the bike, having relaxed a nano too soon previously?? Colbrelli surprised him I think.

Notice Sagan was on a disc bike?

Brian Nystrom

7/9/18 4:42 AM

I don't know if Sagan relaxed, it seemed like he may have just run out of steam.

There were lots of riders on disc bikes. Chavanel for one.

I would like to see a new overall winner, as Sky's dominance is boring as hell.

Reply to topic    

henoch

7/10/18 10:59 AM

Pretty awesome ride by the Gorilla today, I think that if had a good leadout he could have won.
On the other hand Gavaria's 2nd burst was very impressive.

On the flip side what happened to Kittel, he looks like he totally lost his speed.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

7/11/18 5:22 AM

Greipel looked good, but he had to start his sprint from too far back and it cost him. Kittel is plenty fast, but he's been way out of position in the sprints so far. You can't expect to win if you start 20+ riders back.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

7/12/18 6:44 PM

I think it was the time bonus climb after the Polka Dot points on the finishing circuit, what a wall. Just before that, watching those guys off the front, climbing the long-straight climb toward the last climber's points and the pack just riding tempo picking them off, sublime. At the end Dan Martin defined a 'good day' with his somewhat surprised reaction that his "legs never gave out." And I couldn't quite understand, did he refer to his wife being in labor?

daddy-o

7/12/18 7:16 PM

letour.fr

https://www.letour.fr/en

Good content, light footprint, the maps, the profiles, no adverts so far. I forgot, maybe someone else did too.

walter

7/12/18 7:57 PM

#sandbaggingfroomie

bluffin then puffin

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -