HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

OT: woodsplitters
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
PLee

6/18/18 6:15 AM

Dan - If you can wait, I have an electric wood splitter that I can test this weekend to see if it can get the wood down to the sticks you need. It ran about $200-300 at Lowe's. Great for regular sized firewood.

Found the link:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dirty-Hand-Tools-5-Ton-Electric-Log-Splitter/1000096992?cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-SeasonalOutdoorLiving-_-ChippersAndSplitters-_-1000096992:Dirty_Hand_Tools&CAWELAID=&kpid=1000096992&CAGPSPN=pla&store_code=1917&k_clickID=a94a3047-4b5d-407d-9431-151a4c62c37b&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3qfisJjd2wIV0VmGCh1ohQ8MEAQYASABEgLV_PD_BwE

Reply to topic    

dan emery

6/18/18 6:21 AM

Awesome

Thanks Parkin, that would be great.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

8/11/18 8:04 AM

Success

Got the Dirty Hands splitter recommended by Parkin, and it is perfect. Thank Parkin.

I'm moving to electric power tools. Just got an electric lawnmower I also like a lot.

Next an ev?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/11/18 9:13 AM

How much lawn on one charge? Thankfully it is so hot and so much duration with zip rain my lawn is stifled and browned to the max. It is a short brown carpet at this point. Just green around the edges of the shops, and garden boxes. The tomatoes are loving the heat, and getting watered daily, yada.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dan emery

8/11/18 10:04 AM

Lawn

You get about an hour on a charge. Then it takes about an hour to recharge. I can do my lawn on 2 charges, which is fine because I don't really want to do it all at one time anyway.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/11/18 11:03 AM

"2 charges, which is fine because I don't really want to do it all at one time anyway."

Before I get to steady cycling by May after base miles I take two hacks at about 1/2 acre of grass here. When my fitness get to decent levels, I 'mow' through front and back in a setting. By June I can do it and go for a good ride, or visaV... ;) My fitness gauge.

If the owner of this property for 20 year did not have his kids running a small MX track in the back, it would be more level and take less time, and tear front wheels of the mower less. ;) Even after I had a Bob Cat take out the berm/mounds et al.

dan emery

8/18/18 8:53 AM

Two birds one splitter

As I said above, I got the splitter because with the aneurysm I was advised not to split wood. So yesterday I go for a follow up on my busted shoulder and the doc says "one thing you should avoid is splitting wood." So I guess I'm just meant to have a splitter!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/18/18 10:12 AM

Yeah, it is either wood split by machine, or artery split by manual effort it sounds like.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -