CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

How many bikes do you have personally...
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

How many bikes do you have personally?
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
16%
 16%  [ 15 ]
17%
 17%  [ 16 ]
5 or more (but who's counting?)
52%
 52%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 93

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Stanley83

9/6/05 1:31 PM

The Stable

More or less in order of amount ridden:

3Rensho Katana Super Record Export
Empella Bonfine (CX)
Robin Hood 3-sp (upgraded w/alluminun rims so I can stop in the rain)
3Rensho (Track w/brake)
Steelman Single Track
Bianchi Ibex
Nashbar Aluminum 7000 (lives in France)
Raleagh Sport (lives w/Mom in NYC)
Motobecain Grand Touring, upgraded to 9-sp (lives in NH as a loaner)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

goixiz

9/9/05 8:15 AM

and a few more not built and a few broken

one too many but they are all functional and i distribute my love quite evenly

https://home.comcast.net/~goixiz/my_toys.jpg

my toys

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/26/19 5:19 PM

Bumping a zombie for shiets and giggles.

I found this thread by accident on a search.

It is a Hoot! Goto the first post and breeze through it for shiets and giggles.

Wonder what a poll would net today. ;)

Craig

2/27/19 1:41 AM

yeah, it's strange to see how many bikes I owned and where I've ended up today. I had 17 back then on my list. Currently down to 7 and one of those is for sale with no plans for it to be replaced. And of the 17 on the old list, I only have 1 of them still (and a frame too, so 1 and a half). And every bike I have now I've had for at least 9 years except for the one I'm selling which I've had for 4 years.

Don't regret buying any of them. Don't regret selling any of them.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

2/27/19 8:09 AM

I guess I didn't respond to the original poll. I still have everything I owned back then, but some of the road bikes bikes have become "spare framesets" as I upgraded from '90s Ti frames with 1" steerers to contemporary carbon bikes. I've added a couple of MTBs, two 'cross/gravel bikes and a fat bike in the interim.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/27/19 12:10 PM

"I still have everything I owned back then"

I am the opposite, quite the revolving door comparatively.

Probably the only bike from then I have today is the Strong Road bike, the frame Carl made me in 2000. And it was in it's initial iteration then, and is on the 4th or 5th now. ;) So the frame and King headset I think are all that is original.

Wait, I had the Colnago Victory since mid 90s, and although I sold it in 2015, it came home in 2018.

Matthew Currie

2/27/19 3:53 PM

It seems like a lifetime ago.

If you mean actual bikes that get ridden, I'm down to one. I still do some off road riding in summer.

Of course I have a few odd ones sitting around. But realistically, just the one.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

2/27/19 5:56 PM

I'm down to one or 3, depending on how you count. I have a gravel/road that is the only bike I ride outside. I have an old 2002 mtb that I Have not ridden in7 years, and I have a touring frameset that lives on the trainer. Does not have brakes. Don't really want anymore, and if 1 comes in 1 will go out.

Sparky

2/27/19 6:53 PM

"Don't really want anymore, and if 1 comes in 1 will go out."

Get outta town. ;)

daddy-o

2/28/19 9:16 AM

Immediately available for leg-over or after assembly?

Campyman

2/28/19 11:56 AM

Number of Bikes

I'm currently at 12 and counting. From my early 80s Colnago Super to my 2018 Trek Crockett that I use for Gravel Riding.
Looking at number 13, a Trek Domane SLR with Ultegra Di2.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/28/19 12:59 PM

"Trek Domane SLR with Ultegra Di2."

Watch the headtube lengths on the H2 geom. I needed a 60 but had to slam the stem on a 58. So the 58 did not last long before a flip. But the RaceShopLimiteds are long and low. The 60 SLR/RSL are good for me. I made and offer on a frameset that got rejected before getting the Specturm frameset. ;)

May still do it if I move the Helix or BMW M framesets. Not likely before weather improves here.

sanrensho

2/28/19 4:38 PM

Two bikes: My main Scott CR1 road bike (heavily upgraded), and a disc CX bike that mainly serves as a trainer bike.

Haven't swung a leg over either bike in three months, as I am mainly (trail) running now. It's just so easy to slip on a pair of shoes and hit the trails. Maybe spring weather will motivate me to ride again.

Reply to topic    

Campyman

3/1/19 10:40 AM

Domane

I already have an older Original Domane 6.9.
I did end up replacing the Top HS Bearing Cap to a shorter one. Th Original one was 15mm tall and I got a 5mm one to get lower.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/1/19 10:52 AM

"Original one was 15mm tall and I got a 5mm one to get lower."

I was a little higher than I wanted with the 58, as I used one 10mm spacer under the stem. I am of the school that slamming a stem onto the headset with a carbon steertube, well I won't do it. Even a 5mm does not wash for me. I like to be closer to the diameter of the tube personally.

So that cap would have helped on the 58. But the Top Tube short of 57CM and a long stem with a less steep HTA Endurance just did not work, and I tried.

Now with the front ISO that might sway me to slam and feel more comfortable, well with a 5mm spacer anyway. ;)

Considering the Endurance 60 frame has a 1" longer Headtube, easy to see the problem for me. But don't be too surprised when the message appears here that I nailed a SLR/RSL 60CM frame.

BTW, the Race Shops have steeper HTA as well. So I think that fixes a lot for the more 'road' geom over 'Endurance' trek geom. BTW, Carl got it exactly right on my disc Strong without a road front end geom. But ought not he? ;)

Nick Payne

3/1/19 6:28 PM

If I tried to do it from memory I'd probably forget one or two, so I just did a count in the garage. Between my wife and myself we have six Ti bikes, five lugged steel, one tigged steel, one tigged aluminium, four carbon fibre, and three tandems. They're not all kept locally, though. We store a couple of touring bikes at my brother's house in Switzerland and another couple at my sister's house in Perth, so that when we visit family and go touring we don't have to bother with the PITA that is airline travel with bikes.

Reply to topic    

stan

3/1/19 11:04 PM

Got several that aren’t even ridden much

The one I hang on to is 1992 Waterford. I picked out everything on the bike. Over time I gradually replaced everything on it except the frame. I even had Waterford paint a new CF fork the original blue and it matched perfectly even though that was 12 years later. Over that time the bike weight dropped from the original 23 lbs to 18.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -