HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Wheel Heads up Shimano WH-6800

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

12/19/17 8:58 AM

Wheel Heads up Shimano WH-6800

WH-6800 11 speed Tubeless ready, 1640 gram Ultegra with skewers, 2 day free shipping. $291.00

Now is your chance to try tubeless, or learn to fight with clinchers on tubeless rims. ;)

https://www.trisports.com/product/shimano-ultegra-wh-6800-tubeless-clincher-wheelset

Last edited by Sparky on 1/2/18 9:00 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

12/20/17 6:04 PM

And they come with tubeless valves installed too.

EDIT: And a dented rear rim, Fook!

Don't tell my wife I peeked...

Sparky

12/22/17 6:10 PM

Good fast Cust/service.

Sent him a pic of the dented wheel Tuesday and said I guess getting them for x-mas is off. He sez, nah.. I can do a little magic and sent me a Label for UPS return.

I missed the UPS close Wed and dropped off the wheels Thurs @ 4:30ish. Sent a pic of the UPS receipt and they over-nighted the new wheelset instead of the two day. I got replacement box 3:30pm.

I will be shopping with TriSports in the future.
Helps the warehouse is at the airport 20 mile or so away, UPS depot there...

Last edited by Sparky on 12/23/17 12:13 PM; edited 1 time in total

Sparky

12/23/17 12:11 PM

Pre ride report. With tubes first.

Good:
*Tires go on and off pretty easy. Some tubeless ready rims I have are like fighting in a basement. New 25mm Pro 4 Service Course on/off by hand. [latex tube had a pin hole]

*Rear rim asymmetrical.

*Come with tubeless valves and skewers, and IMO Shimano albeit not the lightest are as good as it gets for hold and cam ratio etc.

*No spoke holes inside, no tape to take up room or get pushed into the drillings/holes if run with tubes. -Helps first point about tires going on and off easily.

*Only 15C, expected a wider rim really. Outer width 20.4mm. VS my Pacenti SL23s which are 18C and 24mm outer width for those who like fatties.

*25C Mich SC sits @ 27.4 [will swell more being a new tire. Well swelled same tire on the Pacenti is about 29.1, albeit lower height.

Being almost a 100 kilo rider I have come to like the ride and feel the fatties may actually be of benefit.

BTW, on the Pacenti SL23 V1 I have, the rim well is shallow. V2 better getting tires on and off I have read. The Mich_SC 25C on the 18.5C rim is a bit of a fight. Like please don't flat out on the road, you'd better have levers with...

I use kapton tape exclusively, tubed and tubeless if drilled. I can not imagine what mounting tire on the SL23s with thick Velox would be like. My 3 layers of Kapton are like 18mil.

Sparky

12/23/17 3:46 PM

I went out in the tundra for a test ride.

Not sure if the road feel muting wasn't all the clothes... ;)

Forgetting pumped them up to 100 psi to see if they wanted to blow off, about 50ft later I bled a bunch off.

I like my fatties more. ;)

KerryIrons

12/24/17 10:34 AM

Threaded

So the conclusion we can draw from this is that one person can conduct his/her own forum. No need for other participants to fill out a thread. :)

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/24/17 11:37 AM

"So the conclusion we can draw from this"

We already know this I figure. I hope my intent to share the information was not only OnTopic for a cycling forum, but perhaps maybe even useful. ;( [wipes tear / Not] ;)

At least it is cycling related. My track record in this regard leaves something to be desired. ;)

Considering My Pacenti set cost more in parts, these for trying out tubeless for 291.00 seem reasonable. Out of the box solution.

Or maybe for CX tubeless setup, by all accounts best CX setup from inet sources. Burp!

My Pacenti will still be my #1s. And I will add here in forum on the Pacenti build I got some eyebrow raises. With mix of spoke/ga. neither set have not had to be touched/trued in two seasons.

To refresh, one 28h road and one 32x disc set with mixed 14/15 and 14/17 ga Sapim spokes.

I will continue to build in this fashion.

Probably obvious, the wheels were my 'I am getting something cycling related dammit' after not getting the RSL Domane. ;O

Sparky

1/2/18 8:49 PM

Matched Groupo, what-da-ya know.

BTW Kerry,

Thanks for breaking up my no hitter thread. ;)

I popped on the WH-6800 Wheels/skewers on the Domane with 28C Hutch tubeless Sectors.

The bike had 6700 brakes I lazily have left on even with a 6800 set ready and waiting since about 2 weeks after the orig build. Popped them on as well.

It occurred to me this may be the only bike which I can recall that actually has a matched version groupo inc wheels and even cassette.
My Strong in 2000 had all 9 speed D/A for a few seasons... A while ago. Even the Scott has a 6800 FD with an otherwise total 5800 Groupo with Fulcrum wheels.

I usually don't care much about it unless it is getting sold.

Yada:

Pic just before I put on the BR-6800 calipers while it was still light out... And grabbed a short colder ride with wind... But sunny.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -