HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

OK Tweety bird, go for it... [Flynn, pleading]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

12/1/17 11:03 AM

OK Tweety bird, go for it... [Flynn, pleading]

Lets see if he can make it worse. They must have jammed his phone, you know he is about to explode on twitter.

Edit: Flynn sez DT instructed him to contact russians reports saying, tweet away mon-twit.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Tom Price

12/1/17 4:41 PM

Trump is not well

Today's events and the repercussions from from Flynn flipping may push him over the edge. Check out this opinion article about his mental state:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/donald-trump-madman-article-1.3665163

April

12/1/17 9:36 PM

Sorry, I still don't believe HE colluded with the Russians. He's just not the type.

So, while Muller can get close to him, and make him look bad. I don't think anything will come of it.

The one thing Trump is good at, is looking as bad as he does and showing it off like a badge! Kind of reminds me my mtn biking friends showing off their scars. You screw up, that's why you got the scar. But somehow, it's a badge of honor to show off that you're stupid enough to even try it in the first place!

PLee

12/2/17 4:40 PM

I have no doubt that Russia played 45 and he fell for it hook, line and sinker.

The man has no moral compass to speak of and if he was offered the chance to work with the Russians, he would have jumped at it.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

12/3/17 5:54 PM

Agreed

Doubly so if he thought he was getting away with something. He apparently never does business honestly and is always looking for a way to screw people over. He hasn't changed since taking office, so I'll bet that he was playing every possible angle during the campaign. The question is whether they'll be able to pin anything on him. It will be interesting to see how many people he throws under the bus to avoid prosecution.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/3/17 7:11 PM

They're gonna need a bigger bus. ;)

He kind of shot off another toe today tweeting he fire Flynn because he lied to the FBI.

MFer has a lot of fookin toes!

Craig

12/3/17 7:20 PM

Trump's personal lawyer has said it was him that composed the tweet so Trump has a plausible deniability of prior knowledge of Flynn's obstruction of justice. etc etc.

Though one doesn't plead guilty to something without working out some sort of a deal, and deals ALWAYS go upwards, and Flynn's supervisor during the administration transition was Kushner, who's name has been in the news a lot today in regards to Israel. It would seem we're getting closer and closer to the center of the target. Can't wait for the Presidential Pardons...

Reply to topic    

Craig

12/3/17 7:35 PM

As per:

Ali H. Soufan

Former FBI Special Agent, CEO Soufan Group, Author of Anatomy of Terror, and the New York Times Bestseller, The Black Banners: Follow: @TheSoufanGroup

-Flynn was not fired, he resigned

-POTUS continued to support Flynn calling him ‘a very good person’

-POTUS blamed what happened to Flynn on a ‘witch hunt’ by the media that treated Flynn ‘very, very unfairly’

-Flynn’s illegal actions happened during and after the transition.

@realDonaldTrump
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
9:51 AM - 2 Dec 2017

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/3/17 7:48 PM

his personal lawyer is yet another lying piece of shit perhaps. Maybe it is contagious.

PLee

12/3/17 7:52 PM

Yeah, the lawyers he hires don't have moral compasses either.

Reply to topic    

Matthew Currie

12/3/17 8:54 PM

Trump will say the recordings of all his previous tweets are fake news and a third of the bozos on the bus will say yeah yeah, right on mister truthie, and the party zombies will say he's crazy but we need the eggs.

It's effing hopeless.

Reply to topic    

April

12/3/17 9:54 PM

I'm struggling to take in what PLee wrote. I have low opinion of politicians. And lawyers who work for politicians falls under the category in my mind. As such, I expect zero moral compass from them all. So it's not just Trump's lawyer that has no moral compass... if you know what I'm getting at.

The last 20 years had reveals the rosy view American have about their political and business "leaders" in the past were baseless. The only thing that would keep them inline is the law itself.

By accepting Trump's many transgression as part of the price of doing (political) business, the American public are saying they don't believe there's morality or even justice after all. The rich and the powerful can buy their way out of ANYTHING! It's everyone for himself!

Now THAT, IS hopeless.

PLee

12/4/17 6:42 AM

I'm not as pessimistic as April. I know a lot of lawyers, politicians and civil servants who do a lot of good work, and who have given up opportunities for great personal gain to do so.

You are now seeing a wave of new entrants into the local political scene who have been motivated by their absolute horror at 45's ascendancy. The next year or so will see a significant backlash - whether it lasts will remain to be seen.

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

12/4/17 9:02 AM

Trump's defense

I can just hear Trump's defense against his statement that he knew Flynn lied to the FBI and so he had to fire him:

"Your honor, look at the totality of Trump's tweets! There is no way you can ascribe reason, logic, or a even a fait tether to facts or reality. Therefore there is no way you can claim that his statements about Flynn are a statement of fact or admission of guilt. The defense rests."

Reply to topic    

Sparky

12/4/17 9:49 AM

I actually think it possible this tweet is some senility in the time line on his part, and the idiot simply trying to take credit. See i fired him for russian shit, so no collusion, I am a good guy.

And I think it is plenty clear I detest this moron.

daddy-o

12/4/17 11:04 AM

After 10 1/2 Months in Office, Trump's First Mistake

Trump has insulted the F.B.I. That was a bad move. Like the new guy at the dog pound who came to work wearing a sausage bow tie kind-of-bad-move.

Times headline 12/4:
Trump, Defending Himself After Flynn Guilty Plea, Says F.B.I. Is in ‘Tatters’

The tweet, 24 hours earler:
"After years of Comey, with the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation (and more), running the FBI, its reputation is in Tatters - worst in History! But fear not, we will bring it back to greatness."

This is the Twitter feed of that tweet and his followers' reactions. It's pretty amazing. He really must feed on this negativity. (troll in chief)

But FBI agents are no mere followers.
Followers vs agents
Bark vs bite

For the legal professionals: Images and text of November 30 filed DOJ Flynn documents, i.e. charging, statement of the offense, plea agreement and Michael Flynn's written statement. (lawfareblog.com)

"On or about January 24, 2017..." i.e. after the transition.

JohnC

12/6/17 11:56 AM

quote:
After 10 1/2 Months in Office, Trump's First Mistake

Are you serious? He makes a big mistake virtually every time he opens his mouth, or picks up his phone, or his pen.

Sparky

12/6/17 12:41 PM

"He makes a big mistake virtually every time he opens his mouth, or picks up his phone, or his pen."

His 'Jerusalem' announcement being a doozy too. News reports saying this could mean trouble in the region, Could ?!?

God please help US, I know we did it, but help please!

PLee

12/6/17 2:32 PM

I think the Giro will have to rethink the start in Jerusalem.

Oh, look, cycling content!

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

12/6/17 9:48 PM

"Are you serious? He makes a big mistake virtually every time he opens his mouth, or picks up his phone, or his pen."

...or twittles his thumbs.

It took 48 hours for a reply. Maybe there's some merit to my assertion. It was meant to imply 'compared to pissing off a few thousand FBI agents by insulting The Bureau everything up to that is prelude.' Can mistakes be venial and mortal?

It's just another tweet, I'm probably making too much out of it.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -