HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

New cycle 'puter

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

9/24/17 12:06 PM

New cycle 'puter

I don't usually even use a computer on my road bike, but I figured I should start watching my hr, so I just got a Polar M460, a small, simple computer with hr function. I don't care about routes or Strava or power, so I like this. One of the screens shows time, speed, distance and hr, so that's good for me. Easy to set up (I declined the invitation to go online, download the app, set up an account, etc.). So this is a nice computer if you want a simple one with hr function.

Experimenting with riding with limited hr - not optimal but doable - lots more use of the small ring!

Reply to topic    

dfcas

9/24/17 4:45 PM

I'm not sure I could ride a bike if I had to limit my heart rate. I certainly could not go up any hill.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

9/24/17 4:54 PM

I use the HRM first, other stuff not always. Even the DuoTrap not much as I tire of screwing with the computer side. Albeit I use the phone and not a head. Definitely going slower due to HRM alarms, I hope for longevity's sake and not for naught. Need to go get a stress test before I throw less caution to the HRM [I have myself convinced]. I did blast up a few today on the middle 10 miles where I could easily recover. I met some friends for a Portland By-ways loop which was even worse than I recall the 5 Borough back in the day, lots of kids.

Thank fully I had 10 out and 10 back to honk meeting up with them...

Marc N.

9/25/17 7:38 AM

R450

I have the R450 which I believe is just an earlier, not quite as advanced version of what you purchased. For my usage, it is perfect.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -