HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

John McCain

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

7/19/17 7:08 PM

John McCain

I was wondering why he was putting his sentences together sideways and having trouble conveying his point during the Comey open hearing. I said to my wife, something is wrong.

Glioblastoma has an extremely poor prognosis.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

walter

7/20/17 6:48 AM

that diagnosis sucks. my bestie from grade school got diagnosed with glioblastoma last year. the various treatments have all failed and he's now receiving palliative hospice care. cancer sucks ass.

Brian Nystrom

7/20/17 8:12 AM

That's truly sad...

...as he's a truly good and honorable man, the kind this country desperately needs more of.

When I told Linda about the glioblastoma, her response was "Those don't typically end well".

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/20/17 9:01 AM

Pancreatic cancer also has a poor prognosis, Carter seems to have survived that. I still think they all should have to take the same health INS tax payers have to choose from.

But agree totally America needs more Americans of McCain ilk, especially in government.

April

7/20/17 9:07 AM

The question actually is, how to get people like John McCain in the government over people like Donald Trump?

Our voters seems to prefer the latter at the moment.

Sparky

7/20/17 9:21 AM

"how to get people like John McCain "

By putting A Moron as the running mate??

But tuning it to the Morin being at the top of the ticket seems to have been a better methodology.

I always felt McCain would have fared better had he not kow-towed to the RNC/GOP saber keepers perhaps.

Brian Nystrom

7/20/17 10:59 AM

Well, he has nothing to lose now

His time is likely limited, so it will be very interesting to see what he does.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/20/17 11:35 AM

Very interesting. Will the real John McCain please step up? I have a feeling he will...

Brian Nystrom

7/20/17 1:34 PM

There is no justice in this world!

John McCain gets cancer and OJ Simpson gets paroled.

Reply to topic    

PLee

7/20/17 1:57 PM

9 years in prison for the crime he was convicted of is fine. You can't keep someone in prison for what he was acquitted of doing. I don't have to like it, but it's principled.

Reply to topic    

April

7/20/17 2:08 PM

Cancer has nothing to do with justice, not for atheists anyway. ;)

dan emery

7/20/17 5:40 PM

No justice

McCain is a great man. I don't think he will be any different after this. I think he got a little sidetracked with the presidential campaign and having to live with his VP choice, but in general has been true to himself. He is a guy who was asked by the Viet Cong to make a propaganda video and replied F U.

I agree with a Parkin that O.J should have been paroled under the law (although the small bit of his testimony I saw was bizarre), and wth April that justice or fairness are not helpful concepts in dealing with the reality of cancer.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

7/20/17 7:29 PM

“He’s not a war hero.”
“He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, okay?”
“I didn’t say that, I didn’t say that. No."
Candidate '5 deferments' Trump in the span of two hours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Senator is too honorable for many people in power.
The 2000 primary in South Carolina where Karl Rove engineered a survey with Bob Jones University that included a question "What do you think of John McCain's black love child?"
Years earlier Mr. and Mrs. McCain were in South Asia and they fell in love with an orphaned infant girl and adopted her.
I sure hope John McCain pulls through and gives cancer the boot.

greglepore

7/21/17 9:15 AM

Agree with the OJ comments above.

McCain? One of the last of our true heros. In addition to his principled politics and rising above the BS of the Senate, and his POW experience, google for the video of his A5 in flames on a carrier deck after an accidental ordinance explosion. He's lived quite the life. The cancer is 10% survivable, and given his history I'm siding with Barrack on his prognosis.

Here's a documentary of the Forrestal fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfnlWKdD2fI

Sparky

7/21/17 10:07 AM

Barrack or Barack?

If we've learned anything about McCain, he should battle time and continue his work for a good while yet. I hope with a new found vengeance as it pertains to his President Moron tact, from the real right? Whatever i think that still could mean anymore.

Me, heaped on with everything in my heart i despise about President Moron... The diarrhea he spouted about who is a hero or not is gross moron-ism. Because he has any right to say a fucking word about it, or against folks that actually served. Fucking child!

The Forrestal fire VID/Docu is frightening.

Matthew Currie

7/21/17 12:47 PM

I'm inclined to think "great" is perhaps overstating it, but I am certainly convinced that McCain is a good man, at least trying to do the right thing, and he's certainly done that better than many. Of course he's a conservative fellow, and a loyal Republican, and not unmoved by the lure of high office and influence, and as a result he's done some things many of us don't like. Like most of us he's probably done a few things he didn't much like either. But when push comes to shove, I think he's shown some integrity and a limit to the compromises he's willing to live with, and I like him for that. His stand on torture remains a good thing no matter what else he's done or not done.

Reply to topic    

JohnC

7/21/17 1:08 PM

greg, the video of him jumping out of the plane in the Forrestal fire is indeed remarkable. Scary stuff.

Airplane-freak nitpick: A4, not A5.

Sparky

7/21/17 4:13 PM

He sure seems to cheat death...

And now for something completely different...

Sean Spencer resigns. Just because Trump got him a new boss to be communications director that has no degree or experience in communications.
I am surprised President Moron didn't just give DeVos or Ben 'sleepyhead' Carson a promotion to the position...

April

7/23/17 9:18 AM

I agree with Mathew "great is perhaps overstating it"

But I respect McCain for his service to this country, both as a soldier and as a politician.

Compare to the average politician that only say and do whatever "look good" to their constituents, McCain is the "better" kind that does what he believe is really serving his constituents.

I may disagree with his believe, but I respect him for staying true to it. His service is in working with others to achieve whatever the middle ground that serves the majority of the population better. Something that is almost gone from many of today's Republicans.

Sparky

7/23/17 9:30 AM

"but I respect him for staying true to it."

Which during the Pres election he seemed to have yielded to the party. And the Palin choice which was totally a 'looks good' strategy, to me seemed so not McCain. I have to admit this lowered my estimation of him frankly.

[redundant trump whine edited out]

Last edited by Sparky on 7/23/17 10:03 AM; edited 1 time in total

dan emery

7/23/17 9:30 AM

Great

I consider him great based on the whole nature of his POW experience, coupled with his political career as a thoughtful, straight shooter (though I also disagree with him on much policy). IIRC he refused an opportunity to go home because his fellow POWs would stay. How many would make that choice?

Reply to topic    

April

7/23/17 9:33 AM

Do you have to drag EVERY SINGLE thread to support your Trump bashing???

In case you missed it in the "Pardon me" thread, many of us are SICK OF IT!

Sparky

7/23/17 10:02 AM

OK, you're right my apologies and edit done.

I shall strive to do better. ;) Even in threads I start/author. Unless specifically purposed of course.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -