HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Looks like LeMond is baaack...

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dddd

7/10/17 6:27 PM

Looks like LeMond is baaack...

From this recent report, it sounds like LeMond Composites is still in possession of the technogy to use the new manufacturing process developed at Oak Ridge Nat'l Lab, but oddly it sounds like the very same sort of technology said to be patent-pending by this Australian university now partnering with LeMond.

No word on the legal fight with the fired former CEO and her husband, suit and counter-suit.

Production of carbon material said to begin in just a couple of months, though perhaps in Australia as another facility is readied in the US.

Somebody needs to write a good book about this whole saga.

Read here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lemond-composites-signs-global-exclusive-licensing-agreement-with-deakin-university-to-revolutionize-carbon-fiber-production-300478013.html

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

7/11/17 4:48 AM

Yaaaaaaaawnnnn

I think I'll take a nap while I wait for the next round of lawsuits to start. It seems that all Lemond does these days is bloviate and sue people.

Reply to topic    

dddd

7/15/17 10:29 AM

I'm still wondering if perhaps these are cases of "startups" being funded by LeMond, and thus possibly tending to attract those hoping to take his money, or if it's perhaps more the case of LeMond's name being hired out for publicity for these ventures.
If the latter, it might explain the switch to a different country, different audience and likely different market for the carbon raw materials and for finished goods, since the implosion in their current company headquarters would by now have sent any domestic/local investors running for the hills.
I speculated months ago that the bicycle and sports-celebrity side of these sort of ventures might merely be an attempt to lend a sexy image to lower-cost composites used for mundane applications in various industries, and as before it is stated that the carbon materials are expected to be made available well before any bicycle production is ready to begin.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -