Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

The Dan~mane Lands
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

5/14/17 8:00 AM

It's about the bike

Took the Domane out yesterday on the type of ride I've been thinking about since I got it - nearly 3 hours, hilly, lots of up and down washboard dirt. Lots of this I had never even thought of doing on a road bike before, riding it on a cross bike with 33mm tires. The Domane with 26 tires is fantastic on the washboard - for most of it I like the Domane better than the cross bike.

With loose stuff I might like a little more rubber for handling, but the shock absorption is great. With a little downward pressure on the bars you don't get bounced around, so you can pedal through the bumps as hard as you want, which is a blast. Any other road bike I know of, you'd be thrown all over the place on this stuff. And on smooth surface the Domane is also great.

For my $, the front and rear decoupler stuff just flat work. I might experiment with 28s for loose dirt/gravel, but for most riding I think the 26s are fine.

No second thoughts on the RSL geometry, I love it (with the spacers).

And I like the eTap shifting more with each use, particularly the front under load. I still screw up rear shifts occasionally with my Ergo programming.

My busted leg is also riding pretty well - it is still a little lacking on high torque, low cadence uphill grunt (signed up for D2R2, the grunt fest, in August), standing up is a bit shaky, and endurance is not all back (it's good for about 3 tough hours at this point I'd say). But I don't think that's bad as I was on toe touch weightbearing a couple months ago.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/14/17 8:26 AM

Fantastic! Bike and especially the peg. ;)

On the spacers, I went with 58 so I would have more to allow for some more flex. The shorter TT with right Stem and bar reach = same cockpit length. It did concern me frankly. I actually shortened it with a little less setback after the 3rd ride and am liking it. I have not ridden anything else since building it.

Di2 going on as soon as the chain comes.... Along with the TUX, flexiest carbon bars in the test I had posted. Shit they are a light bar, my God. Got some Cinelli Gel strips that are going on the drops for more muting as well.

In a nut shell, the designed in comfort aspects have no compromise in the performance I can note what-so-ever.

I'll say it again, it is an easy bike to really like, without going all fanboy on the subject.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/24/17 6:23 PM

Finito~

Popped the Di2 on. Did some poser two tone tape job...

Chain rings are 34/52 which the Di2 shifts fine.

So I guess finito.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -