HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

IKEA?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Pat Clancy

3/8/17 1:43 PM

IKEA?

Was in an IKEA today and was surprised to see a bicycle for sale. Certainly not a model for an enthusiast, but an interesting value at $399.

With the step through frame and adjustable bars, it appears to be offered in only one size, but...

Two speed automatic coaster brake rear hub, mechanical front disc brake, belt drive, and integrated mounting points for accessories like racks. 25-year limited warranty on the frame and 10-year limited warranty on the belt drive.

See: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60326736/

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Dave B

3/8/17 3:26 PM

It looks like a Dutch or Scandinavian utility bike. Riders better stick to relatively flat areas with only two speeds.

It does come in two sizes listed as 26" and 28" but they don't say where those dimensions are taken from, certainly not the typical bb to top tube frame size. It's possibly wheel size like 26" MTB rims or 28" (aka 700c) road rims.

Sparky

3/8/17 4:04 PM

- The automatic 2-gear system is integrated into the rear hub, so there are no wires that rust, break or need regular maintenance.

That is the SRAM hub I built up for my Blade conversion. 1/1 and 1:36/1 ratios. I tweaked the spring inside so it did not shift so early as to keep you at 25 RPM all the time. It was useless to me out of the box. With my 36/18 it shifts at about 95 RPM now with the tweak.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -