HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Tour de France 2015

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
daddy-o

6/16/15 5:55 PM

Tour de France 2015

The Tour this year has some some pretty good competition and story lines. Contador has his eye on the Giro-Tour double. Froome appears to be warming up well with his Dauphine performance, victory. Nibali, the current champion and winner of all three GTs appears confident. Tejay Van Garderen's Dauphine 10 second runner-up included time in the leader's jersey.

Sure, it's a little early with TdS and national championships to come, but it looks like it's going to be a good contest.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Nick Payne

6/16/15 8:15 PM

I reckon Nairo Quintana. The course seems made for him with only 14km of individual TT in this year's Tour - the prologue - so riders such as Froome and Contador who are better in the TT are not going to get much time from him there. There's a 28km team time trial, but in this year's Giro TTT, Movistar only lost a few seconds to Tinkoff-Saxo and gained a few seconds on Sky.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

6/17/15 5:18 AM

I'd like to see Quintana win

He seems like a really humble kid and a win would quiet the people who are still complaining about how he won the Giro. I don't think either Van Garderen or Talansky will be serious contenders for the overall, though they'll likely be in the mix near the top, along with guys like Hejedahl. Hopefully one of them will surprise me, but it really seems like it's going to be a battle between Froome, Quintana, Contador and maybe Nibali.

Reply to topic    

LeeW

6/17/15 5:20 AM

Hard to say

Looked like a competitive Tour last year too, but all the early crashes changed it to a one-man show.

I'm hoping for a non runaway this year.

Reply to topic    

Paul Datars

6/17/15 7:35 AM

Hey Lee,

Do you still have your Hotta Parameter?

Mine has been collecting dust in my basement for years since it was replaced by a P3, which then got replaced by a P4 and most recently a P5 has found its way under my ass.

Email me a paul dot datars at hotmail dot com if you have any interest in it.

henoch

6/17/15 8:40 AM

in my opinion Quintana is the #1 Favorite, with Froom and Contodar hot on his heels, and maybe Nibali.
After that TJ and Thibot Pinot, should be in a hot battle for the 5th spot, and possibly one of the 2 AG2R guys, Perot or Bardet
I don't think that either Hejsdal or Talansky will be a factor at all.

Reply to topic    

mag7

6/20/15 6:03 PM

my picks

1. Froome
2. Nibali
3. Contador

Can see Quintana finishing outside of the top 5.
Sky's super dom's (supermen) will put Froome on the top step.
Nibali looked great at the Dauphine and his team looked strong.
Expect Thomas will win the TdS tomorrow and Contador will continue to dominate Quintana at the RdS.
Contador like TJvG have the same fleas/different dog - weak team as compared to the Men in Black (Sky) and light blue (Astana).
Should be a great tour especially from fourth place and beyond.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -