HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Joisey

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

5/29/15 8:46 AM

Joisey

Has some friends from NJ stay with us for a few days. Boy I missed the shoot from the hip 'fuck!' culture. Our friends anyway... ;)

I went on line to see what our taxes would be after Felicia said there is no way they can retire staying in NJ. Property tax on our NJ house has more than doubled since our last 2002 tax bill. Smokes! These are smaller Maywood, NJ older homes. Hers is bigger and was 4k more than our old house is now. My friend bought a house in Ramsey same time I bought the Maywood house. His taxe$ are mid 16k per year now, and were less than what my old house is now when he bought it. Bloody Hell!

I missed NJ a bit less after absorbing this information I can tell ya. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

greglepore

5/31/15 8:44 AM

Up near high point for the w/e. Forgot how nice the roads are up here

April

5/31/15 9:05 AM

Saddle River...

...area, I used to ride there from time to time. Or connect to Bear Mountain...

Not to mention the huge variety of mountain biking trails in Ringwood, Allarmuchy, Jungle Habitat etc. I cut my mountain biking teeth there. I've now biked in quite a few region of the country, and realized how great the off-road riding opportunity was in Northern Jersey. I'm grateful I got to enjoyed it while I could (my old joints can't take the beating Ringwood dole out any more)

Like many new New Yorker, I looked down my nose at Joisey for the many years when I first moved to New York. But I've since explored various corners of (mostly northern part) of the state. I'm favorably impressed.

Sparky

5/31/15 9:50 AM

Great bike choices for rides. Both MTN and Road, although many a road bike jaunt into Rockland Co. NY.

The Mercer County Park Maze was a lot of fun down south, and MTN rides out to PA to Blue Marsh Park epic too.

Ringwood was rocky but sweet.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -