HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Lenovo i3 Yoga purchase of 2014 [Superfish Visual Discovery]

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

3/3/15 4:00 PM

Lenovo i3 Yoga purchase of 2014 [Superfish Visual Discovery]

Got this in email today. Possibly worth a mention re:Superfish Visual Discovery software.

Dear blanketee blank,

Thank you for your recent purchase of your Lenovo laptop from Best Buy®.

As you may have heard, Lenovo was alerted of a potential security issue related to the Superfish Visual Discovery software, which has been pre-installed on some of its laptops. While your device may not be affected, we wanted to ensure you were aware of the report.

If your Lenovo laptop was purchased after September 1, 2014, we recommend you remove the Superfish software. We will happily remove the software for you, for free, either remotely via Geek Squad (click chat with an agent) or at your local Best Buy store. The entire process takes approximately 10-15 minutes.

If you would like to remove Superfish Visual Discovery software on your own, you can do so by leveraging the Lenovo support site.

Thank you again for choosing to purchase your Lenovo laptop at Best Buy.

Sincerely,

Karalyn Sartor

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

ErikS
Location: Slowing boiling over in the steamy south, Global Warming is real

3/3/15 5:26 PM

iMac
MacBook
MabBook Air

Sparky

3/3/15 7:43 PM

Please stop with the Apple retorting please. I expect more respect from Erik to tell you the truth. I am not doin the tit for tat thing with you. A little insulted, and franky Erik you feel the need to constantly fanboy like this.

gimme a fooking break with this shit!

MEH to the 10th power.... dag nabbit!

Steve B.

3/3/15 8:16 PM

Microsoft has a free scanner - Safety Scanner, a one time download good for 10 days, will search for this, and supposedly clean and remove.

SB

Reply to topic    

Nick Payne

3/3/15 8:29 PM

quote:
iMac
MacBook
MabBook Air
http://glog.glennf.com/blog/2015/1/6/the-software-and-services-apple-needs-to-fix , which in turn links to http://www.marco.org/2015/01/04/apple-lost-functional-high-ground .

Reply to topic    

ErikS

3/3/15 8:36 PM

I guess my sarcasm was lost. My bad.

I read the first article in depth.

iMessage has worked well on all my devices. That was not the case until each person got their own iTunes account and we family shared.

I have noted that my air has not instantly connected to my home WiFi once, maybe twice a month. I just click on on the icon and it comes up correctly.

I have not noted a full memory on my Air. It may be happening but I have not seen any degradation.

AirPrint with my Canon printer works for everyone. It takes a second or two for your device to discover the printer and connect. Of course a wired printer does not have a delay.

iTunes and Mail are less than stellar. Mail is nowhere near Outlook but for home use it is fine. iTunes, it is slow to start on ALL platforms and poorly laid out but it has always worked.

iWork is nothing like Office but if you learn it you will find that Pages is great and Keynote does everything that PP does and I use Office every day at work and used iWork at home when I was in college.

The latest 10.02 update is a POS on my 27 iMac. It has not properly installed yet. I just recovered my system from my backup and have ignored the update totally.

I go back and forth everyday and at times I have BOTH OSs open on my desk at work. I would say I am qualified to pass on my end user experience.

Sparky

3/4/15 12:46 AM

You're a douche! wink wink.

But really, the sarcasm went right over my head. I was only posting that in case any other non 'Apple Douches' had a Yoga or Lenovo.

'Apple Douches', is that how that sarcasm thing works. ;)

Jesus Saves

3/4/15 3:11 PM

I think ErikS is a good candidate to run Windows on a MacBook. Question: Is this a bigger offense than equipping a Colnago with a Shimano drive train? [gratuitous cycling related content intently inserted here].

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/4/15 3:22 PM

I think there is some more Apple Douche jokes on tap too.

Like instead of vinegar and water, rancid cider and water ??

Bazinga!

ErikS

3/5/15 5:53 AM

but I just don't like Windows...

How about I build a Hackintosh? That is more my speed.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -