CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Anyone build up or use BHS.com SL210 Hub?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/9/15 6:08 PM

Anyone build up or use BHS.com SL210 Hub?

I think they are Bitex??

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

NJRoadie

2/9/15 7:21 PM

BHS Hubs

I have used them on 3 sets of wheels. They are 32 hole built with 2 sets of 14/15 butted spokes and the other with cx rays. The rims are the BHS xc-279. They seem fine, the freehub is quiet and the bearings smooth.

The build info BHS provides on the hubs was accurate.

They are a really good deal at their price.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

2/10/15 11:56 AM

I've used several of them

So far, they've been fine on Linda's a my road and 'cross bikes. I do have one that has barely perceptible play in the bearings somewhere, but it works fine, so I don't care. I'm sure that if I mentioned in to Brandon at BHS, he'd send me whatever parts are necessary to fix it or a complete new hub. His service is outstanding, so I never worry about the merchandise he sells.

I've been waiting for him to get fat bike hubs in, but my frameset is delayed by the !@#$%^& problems at the Long Beach port, so it's likely to be a while before a build the wheels anyway.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/10/15 12:30 PM

Do they make studded FAT tires? Not that a few extra lb of rotational mass would be noticed. ;)

sanrensho

2/10/15 12:44 PM

I have the BHS rear disc hub, which appears to be the same construction as the SL210.

BHS service is excellent and I would not hesitate to buy this hub again. I did find that the pawls began sticking after a long-ish rain ride, requiring that I relube the pawl/ratchet interface (it was fairly dry). Thankfully this is a quick and painless operation due to the hub construction.

Based on this, I would recommend opening up the hub new and making sure the pawl/ratchet interface is well lubed/greased. I've been using CK Ring Drive lube for this, as grease seemed like it would be too sticky.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/10/15 1:22 PM

We just ordered 8) SL23 28h rims and are going to get 2 of the BHS hubsets as a start for two build ups.

Brian Nystrom

2/12/15 6:27 AM

Yes, there are studded fat bike tires

There are at least two or three on the market. Additionally, many fat tires that aren't designed for studs have enough tread for screw-in studs.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -