HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

H Plus Son Archetype

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Andy M-S

12/6/14 4:17 AM

H Plus Son Archetype

I think there was some talk on this rim a while back here, but I wanted to revisit and gather some thoughts. I picked up a used front wheel built with one of these (32h), and it just feels solid in a way that most rims don't.

Inexpensive, and not terribly heavy. 23mm, which seems wide for a road rim, but just fine with the 28s I'm riding these days. And did I mention strong?

Anyone else on these rims?

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

walter

12/6/14 7:49 AM

have 'em on my all-road disc

the gray anodized version . not too many miles, but they're quite similar to my HED belgiums in design which are solid and smoove.

i like the anodized braking surface. i know it doesnt brake as well in rim-brake applications as machined braking surfaces, but it looks euro-pro old school when the brake track starts to wear. in my case it'll never wear, but i still like 'em!

for my HED road setup, went with 24/28 which is *plenty* beefy and i weigh 175ish.

for my H+ all-road setup, went with 32/32 which also is *plenty* beefy -- could have gone 28 up front if not for my (unfounded?) paranoia about disc braking loads.

Sparky

12/6/14 11:51 AM

The wide rims ARE stiffer. Not used an Archetype yet, but was about to order a pair for my NOS XTR disc hubs. But Pacenti released the SL25 Disc Only.
A lot more coin though, but not quite HED Belgium prices... I have a few sets built with A23 as well, not as stiff a the Belgiums [which I got from Walter] My HEDs are 24/32 on the Scott with 14/15 except I used 14/17 Laser on the NDS rear. Very happy with those as far as stoutness.

I still want to try a set of the H+ on a build at some point...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -