Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

OT - My iPhone knows where I'm going?
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
April

12/4/14 8:28 PM

sleeping cold

I don't like to sleep too warm either. My sleeping temperature isn't a very comfortable temperature to be up and move about (55-60). So getting up to such a cold room is just NOT very inviting!

So, my bedroom stays relatively cold. I only heat it up for the 30 minutes I'm getting up. Once I'm done with shower and changed, the room goes back to being a freezer.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Pat Clancy

12/5/14 10:49 PM

Ah, the good old days...

My parent's place was an old farm house. When we first moved there in 1956, it had the classic, wooden frame, single pane windows, loose enough to rattle with the wind. Yes, you could scrape frost off the glass on the inside on a cold day. Also, the ancient hot air furnace had only one register on the second floor - in the bath room. Through most of the winter when we got up for school my brothers and I would be pushing and shoving to get dressed in front of the register. If one of us tried to lock the door to use the facilities with a little privacy, the rest would scream bloody murder until Mom had to intervene and command the door be unlocked.

Then out the door to stand at the school bus stop that was several houses down the street. No waiting inside to stay warm - if the driver didn't see you there waiting, he'd simply drive by. I can remember the occasional below zero morning when your toes would go numb. You'd have tears in your eyes with the pain of them defrosting on the bus.

And yet I remember it now with great nostalgia, just like Jean Sheperd recalling his "Ralphie" days in A Christmas Story.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -