CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Small word to be sure, Mike Fraysse content..

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

5/13/14 5:56 PM

Small word to be sure, Mike Fraysse content..

So I buy a down tube cable stop on ebay. Bid, win, pay, get it. Bolt not the right one, so I go to send a message to square things up, only to see what I missed when I bid/paid et al.

Seller is Mike Fraysse, who I know since I was 14-15 from the Ridgefield Park Bike shop which I got all my gear from as a kid. Including the last one in the 70s, a chromed 531 lugged frame made in the frame shop by Cuevas [the son], so I was told back when. ;).

Had it until 1979 probably. My first real road bike build @ 16 yrs old. Cab you tell by the short rear brake cable/housing. ;)

So I called him and talked [listened] for quite while, LOL. Funny, last saw him late 90s out in Port Jervis area...

Funny also, was that the Cosmic Wheel that wound up in the same location was my go shop in the 90s with my cycling rebirth...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dddd

5/14/14 3:23 PM

I never knew about any of those New Jersey cycling honchos when I lived in NY all those years until 1991.
But I ended up with a nice Francisco Cuevas bike and have also ordered items from Mike off of Ebay.

Others from that area who made bikes I ended up with include Guiseppe Limongi, Guiseppe Marinoni and "Paris Sport" (Vic Fraysee, with frames made by Limongi, Cuevas or Dave Moulton).

This also reminds me that I recently bought a very old wool jersey with "Schwinn Somerset" lettering.

-----Taking a break here from replacing the rotten parts of my deck this week, tho seems like there isn't all that much of the original structure left to save.
I knew that all the woodpecker's hammering was an ominous signal, and the huge bird actually made the damage a lot easier to see.-----

Also, I read that Cuevas had a frame-building career that spanned some 65 years, from Europe to Argentina to the US. Not sure if he also may have retired to Canada as did Limongi and Marinoni. Only during his final years did any of his frames bear his own name though.
Unbelievably, a bike-repair shop sold me my mint Cuevas with Super Record gruppo for only $250. LOL, maybe the original owner couldn't pay his tune-up bill?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

5/14/14 4:08 PM

"I knew that all the woodpecker's hammering was an ominous signal"

They were after the insects in your wood. They don't peck for nothing usually. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dddd

5/16/14 2:23 PM

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -