HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Yet another crazy windy day/ride.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/25/14 9:41 PM

Yet another crazy windy day/ride.

My last post regarding that 3 miles of insane straight on head wind was bested today. Not quite as strong gusts, but not head on this time either. Blew me off my line continually, and this time it was for 15 miles.

I should have stayed home... Even drove 20 miles to the start and then headed so, winds forecast to be 12-14. I knew I was in for it when the cloudy forecast turned out to be sunny. Wind blew it all out, I guess you can't have it both ways...

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman

2/26/14 5:18 AM

Looks like I picked a good winter to start a job that takes me out of the PNW so much...

Reply to topic    

dan emery

2/26/14 7:01 AM

cold here

Just rode in at 3F. With hat and balaclava, I forgot to put on the helmet, so I'm riding Outlaw today! At least until lunch.

Reply to topic    

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

2/26/14 8:36 AM

The winter that has no end

NWS forcast for the week and next

Today Snow showers likely, mainly before 2pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly after 3pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Night A slight chance of snow showers before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind 11 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday Sunny, with a high near 23. West wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.

Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.

Saturday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Monday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.

Reply to topic    

April

2/26/14 9:15 AM

cold winter

From a skier's perspective, the winter hasn't been all that great. Cold but largely dry. Then, whatever came down were rain and freezing rain...

I guess the skaters (and ice fisherman?) might be happier.

Sparky

2/26/14 11:11 AM

"Looks like I picked a good winter to start a job that takes me out of the PNW so much..."

Opposite is true actually. Only a few gale days really. My spirit and motivation to ride is strong having lost early 13 to that femoral bout.

I did get 400 miles in January, to qualify my PNW 2014 weather claim.

Hope all is well Rob

I could live with a snowy winter, just have to do a little different activity.

Elaine sez each time she sees news/weather coverage of back east. Good thing we didn't move back that way, which was a consideration when postulation direction out of kerfuffle. But who knows, one very fair winter does not mean they all will be fair. We may settle into a snowy trend here one or more years, we will see.

After that wet few days here last week the news was reporting the ski areas full to capacity. that has to be an expensive way to SPEND the day having little fun. ;(

But Rick, you getting out and making snow women??

Sparky

2/26/14 11:24 AM

Dan getting pulled over

dfcas

2/26/14 11:28 AM

The last 2 mornings here we have had 1/2 inch of snow which caused icy roads conditions, interstates shut down, etc. Its hard to believe so little snow could cause such problems.

Dave B

2/26/14 11:43 AM

quote:
The last 2 mornings here we have had 1/2 inch of snow which caused icy roads conditions, interstates shut down, etc. Its hard to believe so little snow could cause such problems.

Same here. Apparently I-79 had a rash of fender benders yesterday morning. I haven't heard about today but we had the same low accumulation squalls.

I am SO ready for this to end.

Sparky

2/26/14 12:41 PM

"SO ready for this to end"

That is what I was yelling out a few times about 5-6 miles into the wall of wind yesterday. Especially during gusts. God laughing at me when I was yelling "you gotta be kidding me" ;O

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

2/26/14 1:09 PM

"SO ready for this to to end Is this how you feel?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153866615900578

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

2/26/14 7:51 PM

Relativity

quote:
Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.

No sympathy here. The forecast high in mid-Michigan for Sunday is 12 F. We'd be more than happy with 33. It's pretty hard to see how we will have anything close to bare ground on the first day of spring (3 weeks from tomorrow).

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -