Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

johan/lance: you cant handle the truth!

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
walter

12/23/12 10:50 AM

johan/lance: you cant handle the truth!

originally posted as a comment in response to this article:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/11/analysis/analysis-bruyneels-arbitration-proceeding-could-give-usada-the-power-to-subpoena-witnesses-including-armstrong_263566

well edited IMO...made me LOL!

quote:
The truth? You can't handle the truth! Here is the truth -- we were all doped to the gills, Indurain, me, everybody in the 90's and the 2000s. The 50% hematocrit rule required us to be. Anybody who was not doping was not trying. Cycling in America depended on a successful American team. The riders, the fans, the magazines, the cycling companies, you all loved it -- and now 14 years later you come crying that we broke the rules. Son, we live in a world that has rules. And those rules were set and enforced by people in Switzerland. Now you are changing the rules and trying to enforce them after the fact. Who's going to do it? You? You, Travis Tygart? I had a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom.

You weep for Basson and Simeoni and you curse the US Postal Service. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Bassons and Simeoni being drummed out of the Tour, while tragic, probably saved cycling in America. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saved and built cycling bigger than it ever could have been...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me and Lance to be winning those Tours. You need us to be winning those Tours.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline, you call it "Omerta." I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blessing of a profitable and successful sport that I have provided, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way.

and extended by someone else

quote:
Lemond: Did you order the doping?
Bruyneel: I did the job I...
Lemond: *Did you order the DOPING?*
Bruyneel: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

12/23/12 11:36 AM

That's good.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -