HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Blast from the past

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
PLee

9/8/23 1:30 PM

Blast from the past

I broke out my last Paribas Prologue tire today. After around 20 years in the box, in my garage, it was still as supple as ever. I still have a stash of Paribas Pro Evolutions . . .

Reply to topic    

Sparky

9/8/23 2:28 PM

Will you get more, and can you get more? ;) How do the Evolutions differ?

I rode my 85 SLX Saronni Colnago yesterday with the recently acquired Boyd Tubs.

The FMB 27mm cotton Roubaix tubulars are probably the most sublime rolling tire I can recall.

I did 85/90 PSi for no other reason than to try that.

The tires made no noise I could hear on the pavement. And no resonated road buzz made it past them to the bike.

All I could hear was air, ice in my WB sloshing about, and a faint near silent FH ratcheting when coasting from the the Record FHB.

It was a bit surreal. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

PLee

9/10/23 6:04 PM

Paribas, as a brand, doesn't exist anymore. They were acquired by Vredestein many years ago. The Evolutions are heavier than the Prologues, a little more durable, and black rather than purple.

I was introduced to Paribas by the shyster of the cyclingforum - I've blocked his name from my memory. Nevertheless, they're really nice riding tires.

Reply to topic    

Nick Payne

9/11/23 2:00 AM

I can remember racing on Pariba (pretty sure they were Pariba not Paribas) tyres about 35 years ago. They struck me at the time as being pretty good, but I haven't seen them sold for many years.

I still have an unused Specialized Expedition 27x1-3/8" tyre that must be over 40 years old - we used them on our first tandem in the early 1980s. At the time it was about the best heavy duty touring tyre you could get. We did about 50,000km on that bike, and I can only remember three or four flat tyres over that distance.

We sold that tandem a long time ago, and no longer have any bikes with 27" rims, so I guess the tyre is going to remain unused.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -