HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Back to a gas guzzler from the PHEV. #blog

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

4/18/23 8:54 AM

Back to a gas guzzler from the PHEV. #blog

#Rick Moranis from Ghost Busters diatribe.

Sold the Pacifcia to CarMax Saturday. Gotta say the Carmax experience was expeditious. Walked out with a bank draft, and got full online offer no drama. PHEV 14k on ODO pretty much like new et al.

In 28 months since new we managed 14k only. And that was a bunch of coast, Crater Lake, CA trips before covid set in so seriously. The low use even @ 45+ MPG, once you deduct the interest on the smaller loan, calculating depreciation in...

It becomes clear you need to be driving 'normal' miles to amortize out justifiably [for me anyway].

>>Now I can order that Filet Stainless Kirk...

Plan was to get something without the loan, even though we owed less than 1/3 of what Carmax paid us for it.

Every time I thought of just paying it off, I'd chicken out as we didn't want the liquid fund being that much lighter. I am big on financial System Fault Tolerance.

So cash deal on a 2018 Sedona for my 300-400 mile a month use [need van for dog/bikes, shop]. Being KIA certified the 10yr/100k transferred, and has yr of KIA Platinum, not quite bumper to bumper. This put it covered until 7/2028, I'll blow time before miles. The PHEV will be out of all but EV coverage 12/2025.

Another point of logic is the Sedona LX VS the PHEV chock full of high end options you kinda don't wanna pay to fix year 5-6+. I can even turn off the Sedona side door electric open with a button.

Another point, can't tow PHEV/EVs. Figured legal hassle potential having to prove hitch be only for bikes, and resale yada..

Tow hitch landing for Sedona today. No more woods/gravel mucky bike inside car. ;)

So more utility than Touring L, more SUV/Trucky. ;)

I already hate watching the gas gauge moving... ;)

Out with the newer and in with the [2yr] older..

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

4/18/23 8:06 PM

Hows the trailer hitch install going?

Sparky

4/18/23 9:22 PM

Just came UPS @ 6:00, 1/2 hanging outta the box.

Next non rain it goes on.. :)

Bucked up, got wet, and installed in rain...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -