CYCLINGFORUM.COM - Where Cyclists Talk Tech --- Return To Home

 

    Register FAQ'sSearchProfileLog In / Log Out

 

****

cyclingforum.com ****

HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Best eBay seller response ever.
 

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky
Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 18640
Location: PDX

10/5/22 10:09 AM

Best eBay seller response ever.

I get a fence gate latch off eBay [dog escaped and tried to eat neighbor chickens the other day]. No video, sorry. Liked to have seen this myself.

I send a pic and ask/make several comments on fit VS what auction txt and label on latch claim.

Get this and only this response.


quote:
Please let us know if you have any other questions.


Support team



Isn't this called 'Non Responsive' in Perry Mason speak? ;)

 Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman
Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 4905
Location: Back in the snowy homeland

10/5/22 10:35 AM

I haven't used ebay in forever. Had so many bad experiences with sellers, buyers, and the website/company itself.

 Reply to topic    

Sparky
Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 18640
Location: PDX

10/5/22 10:47 AM

My local postal carrier is not any better either.

I am wearing out the mailbox flag for them to pickup other peoples mail I keep getting. ;)

No way to know who is getting my mail on my block...

 Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman
Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Posts: 4905
Location: Back in the snowy homeland

10/5/22 11:00 AM

Im concerned snail mail won't be a thing for much longer. But the honest truth is that I rarely get anything in my mailbox that doesn't go immediately into the bin.

I tracked this for 3 mos when I was in WA. Not counting packages of things I ordered that could just as easily have been sent by UPS/Fedex less than 1% of items received in my mailbox were opened/read. Of those, I needed/used/responded to less than 40%, the other 60% were packaged cleverly enough to appear relevant but actually weren't.

 Reply to topic    

Sparky
Joined: 08 Dec 2003
Posts: 18640
Location: PDX

10/5/22 11:52 AM

"I rarely get anything in my mailbox that doesn't go immediately into the bin. "

I feel like it is the job I never wanted. Between parsing for other folks mail and looking for the few things I actually want a hard version of I actually get.

It goes like this:

>mailbox, red marker in hand to mark 'not at this addy' tennis wrist from raising mailbox flag.
>recycling bin, by garage door
>shredder inside front door.
> I go as far as tearing any portion with our name on it for the shredder tossing rest directly into the recyc/bin.

The good part... there isn't really one. ;O

This after every few moons being buried in crap mail on every flat surface in the house from lazy periods. ;)...

I just hope life stays this simple honestly. ;)

 Reply to topic     Send e-mail


Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

 Display posts from previous:   


  
Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

  
  

 


If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -

Powered by phpBB: Copyright 2006 phpBB Group | Custom phpCF Template by Syncronicity