HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

TDF girlz race.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

7/29/22 8:38 AM

TDF girlz race.

1st off, some crazy good talent going on.. Not sure they need shorter stages/races watching this race.

In decades watching, I've not seen a pile up that included so many of the peloton in one event/crash/pile.

My word, the proverbial knot of bike and racers.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/sport/tour-de-france-femmes-crash-norsgaard-spt-intl/index.html

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

LeeW

7/30/22 6:18 AM

I've been trying to watch the TdF-Femmes coverage, but hate to admit that so far, I've found the majority of the stage action to be plain boring. Their route selection, at least up through the first 4 stages, seems to be very mundane, with a lot of rural roads crisscrossing through vinyard country, not a lot of terrain definition, and very few spectators out along the rural routes. So far, only a small number of cat 4 climbs and a few cat 3s. I hope the queen mtn stage will show a little better.

The Peacock announcing crew (McCrossan & Walker) so far has not seemed to catch on that Pogacar's GF is in the field, as I haven't heard them mention it once.
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/racing/tadej-pogacar-on-site-at-the-tour-de-france-femmes-to-support-fiancee-urska-zigart

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

7/30/22 5:23 PM

That was definitely one of the most bizarre crashes I've ever seen. I've never seen bikes and bodies piled up that way before, with riders that never went down, standing there, trapped in the middle of the mess. It was just plain weird.

I agree that the race has not been exciting, but frankly it just reminds me of most women's races. There's just a lack of aggression and when somebody does finally make a move, often the other women just look at each other. Even the queen stage today was not exciting, despite being very decisive. There just wasn't much suspense. Add McCrossen's droning and I actually had difficulty not dozing off.

FWIW, they did talk about Zigart quite a bit.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/31/22 8:37 AM

Vos disappeared Stage 6 I guess..

Brian Nystrom

7/31/22 1:38 PM

Today's stage was much better

There were plenty of riders trying to get away and the end result was seriously in question. There was even a little intrigue. Definitely worth watching.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

7/31/22 1:52 PM

Yeah

Today was the only stage I saw, but it was interesting. Miek looked pretty strong. Watching them stomp up the last few meters reminded me of the Rockpile and D2R2…:)

Took a long time to get her a proper bike!

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/31/22 2:25 PM

Yikes!

Commonwealth Games Velodrome badness...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/07/31/matt-walls-cycling-crash/

Brian Nystrom

7/31/22 4:20 PM

Time to put up some plexiglass...

I would love to know exactly what happened with Van Vleuten's bike changes. Even the commentators were baffled.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/31/22 5:57 PM

Seemed like power meter was not on the yellow bike, and that was why getting her back on her regular bike was the target task.

Brian Nystrom

8/1/22 10:22 AM

Seriously? Unless she really rides to the numbers, why would it be worth making multiple bike changes for that? Then again, the ease with which she got back to the peloton after each change made it pretty clear that she was ridiculously strong, so perhaps she just wasn't worried about it.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/1/22 2:24 PM

Again, my cynicism takes over....

A thought I had [the way she is riding going up] is related to possibly triggering a positive test result [on the dope dejour] if output range not curtailed or something.

A mind is a terrible thing, especially in my case..

This just in:

https://babylonbee.com/news/pileup-at-all-female-tour-de-france-after-woman-in-front-stops-to-ask-for-directions

[true/not, no idea]

RCoapman

8/2/22 7:58 AM

quote:
The man patiently explained which way she should go using easy-to-understand directions like "north" and "south" but the female bicyclist still looked flummoxed.

"I'm sorry, can you explain which way to go using Starbucks or Targets as landmarks?" As there were no Starbucks or Targets nearby, however, the man was unable to help her out.

To my eyes this is clearly a misogynistic attempt at 'humor.' I'm not aware of the normal content of that site but even as satire it doesn't work.

[EDIT] looks like a "the onion" style site but lacking in talented writers. The first three articles I looked at were only worth tired groans.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -