HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

TDF 2022

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tom Price

6/29/22 9:33 PM

TDF 2022

The Tour de France starts Friday. There is coverage every morning on the USA Network every morning and streaming coverage on Peacock Premium. If you are a Spectrum customer you can receive free Premium, 1 year if you are a cable customer or 90 days if you are an internet customer. You also can do Premium for 30 days for 5 bucks.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Nick Payne

6/30/22 3:28 AM

SBS here in Australia have a good Tour Tracker phone app that streams the entirety of every stage live, and can be cast to a TV/Chromecast. Not sure if it's geo-blocked, but a VPN should get around that if it is. Can't say I care overly for their commentators, but if you don't have access to Eurosport/GCN...

The app is available for both Android and Apple devices. The Android app is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.au.com.sbs.tdf2011.android - don't know about iOS version as I don't use those.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/30/22 9:39 AM

Went Peacock, wife wanted to see The Northman, and I say an episode of Yellowstone on my CA visit in April.
So few reasons for a 9.99 expense for one month? ;)

We try not to watch $$ evaporating with too many streaming/subscriptions simultaneously.

I hope it isn't Magnus Backsted commentating, that guy both Elaine and I find something more than annoying. ;)

LeeW

6/30/22 1:05 PM

In earlier races like the Belgian spring classics and the Dauphine, Peacock often cranked out Anthony McCrossan (sp?), sometimes paired with Hannah something. Except for the first and last daze of the Dauphine when some type of nbc contractual obligation put up Bobke & Christian.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

7/1/22 2:58 PM

"SBS here in Australia have a good Tour Tracker phone app that streams the entirety of every stage live, and can be cast to a TV/Chromecast. Not sure if it's geo-blocked, but a VPN should get around that if it is."

I couldn't watch it live this morning, but I just finished watching the full replay using Express VPN.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/1/22 4:25 PM

Turns out Peacock has 2 streams for each stage. One with Phil/Bobke and the other with the GNC commentating. One states US coverages, the Phill/Bobke ones.

On Demand Replays both. And last year there was also Highlight/recaps, as well and finishes and crashes in separate sub categories.

You either have to stick with real time stream, or wait a bit after the stream ends for replays to hit the On demand servers.

Today I hit live stream late when last 5 guys were on the TT course, perfect!

Brian Nystrom

7/3/22 7:48 AM

Linda has Peacock and I'm watching it as I write this. The USA stream has Phil and Bob - who I like - but the incessant commercials are really irritating, so I've been watching the other stream, which has no commercials. Nico Roche is a good commentator, but I've never been a fan of Anthony McCrossen, though I'd rather listen to him than commercials (faint praise).

I'll switch back to SBS when I go back home.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/3/22 10:20 AM

Anthony McCrossen is the guy, forgot the name until your reminded me.

He has a very Fish-hair/Troutwig style of trying too hard to have himself be/sound right that I'd rather mute than listen to.

Brian Nystrom

7/3/22 1:50 PM

He has a droning monotone that's just not fun to listen to. I like the SBS commentators, but not having to connect my laptop to Linda's TV is more convenient, so Peacock it is!

Reply to topic    

dan emery

7/3/22 2:19 PM

Same old same old

Phil and Bobke on USA work fine for me. I’m usually not watching that closely so the commercials don’t bother me. I lIke Christian in the studio, Horner is a bit annoying, and the obligatory non-cyclist is useless, but they’re not on much.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

7/3/22 6:38 PM

Hmmm. I haven't seen all of those guys and after reading this, I don't plan to. ;-)

Reply to topic    

RCoapman

7/4/22 3:03 AM

$10 for a month of premium is worth it to me. I'll cancel when the tour reaches the end.

I downloaded the peacock app to my tv and it's horrible in terms of usefulness. VCR style fast forward and reverse....1996 called, they want their UX back. Seriously lazy design.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

7/4/22 8:26 AM

Too funny! :-)

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/4/22 10:27 AM

The Peacock ROKU app is not the best either, not the worst, albeit close....

RCoapman

7/4/22 7:10 PM

I'm delighted Phil Ligget is still commentating. I haven't watched cycling coverage in a literal dog's age and it's good to hear a familiar voice. Bobke is pretty restrained compared to what I remember from the past but otherwise doing a good job.

I've been online working all day so when the engineers haven't needed me I've had it up on the second monitor.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/4/22 11:44 PM

"Bobke is pretty restrained compared to what I remember from the past"

Mellowed with age perhaps. ;)

Sparky

7/5/22 2:54 PM

More BS calls where Sagan was not wrong, yet relegated...

Wout apparently is immune to the sprinting hold your line rules.

RCoapman

7/5/22 5:16 PM

Wout was in front and Sagan had to move over...if anything it was Wout's fault.

Still, that win was by millimeters...damn

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/6/22 3:52 PM

Watching Wout go off and open that gap uphill made me think of Cancellara's Roubaix when all the "motor, motor" mechanical doping/shouting was being accused.

It looked so similarly easy for that ride off the front to me. ;)

Brian Nystrom

7/7/22 5:43 AM

UGH! Please don't go there. Just enjoy his phenomenal performance for what it was...phenomenal. It's not as if he hasn't shown that capability repeatedly in the past. He is an amazingly talented rider, as was Cancellara.

Reply to topic    

RCoapman

7/18/22 5:59 AM

SUPER annoyed at peacock. I had to go to Seattle for a 5 days and fell behind on the Tour.

No recap shows for most stages? USA (phil/bobke) coverage not available for every stage...WTF? McCrossan and Garrans are boring AF.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/18/22 9:14 AM

Rob, aren't the one marked USA Coverage and Exclusive all the US commentating? Via 'HUB/Stgae Replays'. On my Roku Peacock app, I did not look via web page access.

RCoapman

7/18/22 11:01 AM

Yes but I don't have the USA coverage for many stages. Nor are there recaps versions like there were for the first few stages. I've looked via browser and through the app on my tv.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

7/18/22 11:07 AM

Replay, not recap??

I just went into replays view all and USA Coverage Stage One [3:46] thru current full repays there?

Take lots of fast forwarding to traverse, if you have a life/job etc. I don't. ;)

I don't think I can add more than that.

EDIT: Just went in Stage 4 Highlights, US commentating..

Brian Nystrom

7/19/22 12:03 PM

SBS has full replays for all stages and highlight shows for most of them. You need a VPN with a server in Oz to access them.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -