HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Paris Roubaix Coverage

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tom Price

4/17/22 12:58 PM

Paris Roubaix Coverage

There is a free streaming replay of the last 80k of today's race on the NBC Sports app and probably on Peacock also. Enjoy! Also Happy Easter to all.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

4/17/22 1:41 PM

https://tiz-cycling.io/video/paris-roubaix-2022-full-race/

This streams well for me, but for some not.

Gals race is there as well from yes-ditty..

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

RCoapman

4/18/22 6:21 AM

I realise it's a serious logistical challenge but they should really do a better job of controlling spectators being so close to the course. Maybe by enforcing fines more like at the TdF last year, especially for those that cause crashes. Sofa king annoying even to watch, I can't imagine what it's like to ride with all those people crowding the course.

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

4/20/22 7:38 AM

Policing the crowds at races has always been a problem and it's really an impossible task given the length of the courses. It sucks when a spectator affects the outcome of the race as happened at P-R, but at least that incident wasn't as egregious as many we've seen. I agree that fines are warranted, but in the heat of the moment, I wonder if they really provide any deterrence.

They could make the fines equal to the first-place prize money, but then you'd have riders looking for spectators to tangle with so they can get a nice pay day. ;-)

IMO, they should be arresting anyone with flares and smoke bombs, as those create all kinds of hazards and the perpetrators are easy to spot.

FWIW, I was able to watch the SBS coverage of both races using Express VPN and their Melbourne, Australia server. They also have full replays available on-demand.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -