HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Fairlight

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Andy M-S

1/6/22 1:25 PM

Fairlight

Met a guy out on one of these today. First Fairlight I'd ever seen, and very pretty it was in orange. I believe it was their Secan model--flared drop bars with LOADS of tire clearance.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

1/6/22 2:29 PM

I've ogled/googled the Straels... Seem quite well implemented!

dan emery

1/7/22 7:58 AM

Steel is Real

Steel bikes seem to be hanging in there, particularly in gravel/ all road bikes.

I was perusing a Breadwinner G-Road (made in Sparky’s Portland) and actually filled out a deposit sheet before deciding to come back when I wasn’t under the influence of too much caffeine or alcohol…. One of the owners is Tony Pereira, who built a Rando bike I have, and it uses an Igleheart segmented steel fork - I rode with Christopher back in the early ‘80s when he owned Portland (Maine) Bicycle Exchange.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/7/22 9:07 AM

"segmented steel fork"

I never could get used to the aesthetic of them. A friend has a Ti one that gets points for being Ti, but that is it for me. Ti one is pretty fat tubes, so even a bit more bulky looking really.

I had flipped a few steel disc Traitors Crusades with them, rolling no complaint.

Craig

1/8/22 5:45 PM

Wow. I just spent some time on the Fairlight web page. What a refreshing company. Lead times, deposits, etc all explained. Estimating shipping costs worldwide. And lengthy explanations of every detail of their bike designs. 92 pages of "this is what this bike is and why we did it" for their flagship model. And a lovely side by side comparison of the V.2 and V.3 models explaining what's evolved and why. Well considered bikes that seem gimmick free. They even go on at length explaining their paint schemes. Every component feels considered. If I was in the market for a bike they would be near or at the top of the list. I hope their reality lives up to their web presence.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -