HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Winter, ice, mess!

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

2/16/21 10:25 AM

Winter, ice, mess!

Who else? With most of the country in some event of extreme cold/wet/snow/ice, etc.

A few days here of non stop generator use and trees raining down on streets, cars, wires, and houses from the weight of ice for 2 days building. Then finding gas stations that actually had power and gas to pump for generator life juice. Lines 40-50 cars that the hope of getting gas for the folks toward mid to rear line would get gas before station went dry, argh..

For 2 days, a minute did not go by that a crashing of branches was not in ear shot.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

2/16/21 12:31 PM

We did not get the snow that was predicted but we did get ice rain. It was raining yesterday at 30 degrees. Don't think I can ever remember that before.

New storm coming by Wednesday night and they predict 5-10. Hope they are wrong. Pretty cold here tonight, going down to 13* F.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

KerryIrons

2/16/21 3:37 PM

SOS

Standard Michigan mid-February. High of 14 F, low tonight around 0, and 5 inches of fresh snow in the driveway this morning.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

2/16/21 4:22 PM

Not bad here

We had some freezing rain turning to rain so a bit slippery but not bad. We’ve had a warm, climate change winter - ice thin all over the state. I hope we get snow at the end of the week as I’m enjoying snowshoeing in the woods. I no longer maintain the trails so it’s a pretty good obstacle course.

Reply to topic    

Matthew Currie

2/19/21 4:44 PM

Just ordinary Vermont here, which is to say cold, snowy, icy, dark and largely loathsome, but hey, it's Vermont, which means also that we have power and snow tires.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -