HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

PHEV Pacifica report.

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

1/14/21 6:39 PM

PHEV Pacifica report.

Last gas 12/26. About 200 mile local shorties since that day, gas motor fired up a few times only. Once when below 40^ for 10 minutes on a remote start to de-ice. All remote starts over 40^ since no gas motor start.

The 200 miles includes two 25-30s mile run for bike parts, and the rest 5-10 mile store run kinda trips.

I uninstalled the phone app last night and the scheduled charge did not happen, so I have only 14EV miles for todays 30 which caused the fuel to do below 7/8. It was sitting @ 15/16th full since we got home. 12/26 fill up was @15 miles from home and end of return leg from CA trip, as in no EV miles.

So all the EV trips has the 2.5+ ton van averaging 31.7 MPG. ;)

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

1/16/21 7:07 PM

31.7 for the entire use since delivery to be clear.

Trip ODO B reset Thursday morning is showing 40.3 MPG for 53 miles. 39.5 gas, 13.5 EV. That day started with 50% charge in the batteries.

EDIT" Trip ODO B reset Thursday morning is showing today 1/18 43.7 MPG for 67 miles.

It is kind of cool to watch your avg mpg go up on a long hill that the CRV would loose 1-2 on. I wonder what the tank would loose if the battery was spent of EV range. ;)

Last edited by Sparky on 1/18/21 9:41 PM; edited 1 time in total

dddd

1/17/21 5:29 PM

Drive that thing with a clear conscience, it's not far off from what my 3400lb, 4-cyl 2015 Camry is getting.
That said, the 7th-gen Camry is a big car, I've had five road bikes in it without anything getting soiled or damaged!

What style/size of gasoline engine in your Pacifica?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/17/21 6:47 PM

3.6l, style?

dddd

1/21/21 4:52 PM

Oh yeah, transverse V6 I guess.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

2/10/21 2:37 PM

Wife had Monday past off, I saw Redding CA was 70^ for a few days...

So Saturday I drove 400 miles to ride Sunday and Monday. This time I counted the passes, 7 it turns out. So return trip no EV charge coming back I hit the driveway @ 30.4 MPG hybrid assisted, no free first EV 30 miles.

Local use with lots of charges was over 40 MPG AVG prior.

I did not ride Monday, as I over did it Sunday in my Shorts and Short Sleeve jersey, heavenly! I rode the SAC River trail North of the Keswick Dam I had turned around in the Dec ride. It was crazy hilly between the Keswick and Shasta Dam. Like the kind of hilly I avoid until May/June. ;)

With the usual supplements, I cramped to a full stop exactly 1 mile from the Hotel. Ate some cookies I had that I thought too salty by a lot originally, but happy to have had them to unlock my legs. ;)

So I just came back early Monday instead of another ride and getting home by midnight as was the orig plan. ;)

All in all, it was like cycling heaven on earth. My deep breaths thinking about it still exhilarating...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -