HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

TDF 8/29, Will Froome have recovered...

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

8/4/20 10:58 AM

TDF 8/29, Will Froome have recovered...

Recovered enough from his smash of the body.

I kind of have this sense playing with the fit big boys... well, will we see an abandon and retirement??

I find myself wondering about this. And frankly how in the past these kinds of smashes are ultimately career ending.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

henoch

8/4/20 2:28 PM

There is absolutely no way Froome is retiring, he already signed a contract for 2021 with a new team

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/4/20 2:35 PM

So has he managed commensurate form is the question. What all he has going on legally and contractually remains to seen VS still being a grand tour superstar. Pretty clear that I am skeptical...

"Britain's most successful road cyclist Chris Froome is to leave Team Ineos at the end of the season after they decided not to renew his contract. He will join Israel Start-Up Nation for next season as sole team leader"

Ineos decided.

henoch

8/4/20 3:14 PM

I have no idea what his form is, I am just saying that the chance that he will retire is hovering between 0 and 0.0

Reply to topic    

henoch

8/4/20 3:17 PM

I am sure that he wanted some guarantee of leadership at Ineos but considering that they have Bernal and Thomas not to mention Carapaz and Sivikov, understandably they would not give that to him, so he moved on.
I dont believe that decision says anything on his form, keep in mind that they still retain the winners of both the 2018 and 19 TDF neither of which are named Froome.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

8/4/20 3:25 PM

Form, schworm

He has nothing to prove and I doubt he needs the paycheck, so if he wants to keep competing, good for him. I know nothing, but I doubt he now could beat Bernal under any conditions.

If only the favorite rode, it would be a pretty small race.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

8/4/20 4:04 PM

Small race indeed.

I'd have no problem if we don't see more 'Shows'. As in 'Lance', 'Froome' Show with dominance of same winners repeatedly etc. Although seems a Ineos show is in place pretty much.

It is mainly forward in my mind as I am mowing thru the Spots Gold Ultimate Tour replays.

>Egan Bernal wins Route d'Occitanie:

Bernal finished the four-day race nine minutes 26 seconds faster than 37th-placed Froome in the overall standings

Nick Payne

8/10/20 3:58 PM

quote:
Bernal finished the four-day race nine minutes 26 seconds faster than 37th-placed Froome in the overall standings

In the Tour de l'Ain, both Froome and Thomas finished more than 20 minutes down on Bernal. OTOH, Roglic put paid to Bernal on the stage two and three uphill finishes, and I think Jumbo-Visma had three riders in the top five overall, so Froome has a lot more than just his teammates to worry about if he want to win another TdF.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

8/19/20 1:58 PM

Hard to believe that 2 recent winners did not even make the team. Maybe the layoff and change in scheduling has thrown more variables in the equation. It seems the younger guys have adopted better but I'm not really sure.

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -