HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Cancelled events

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
dan emery

6/3/20 3:54 PM

Cancelled events

Inevitable I think, but BikeMaine (in September, I was not registered) and D2R2 (in August, I was registered) are cancelled. I am registered for the Dempsey Challenge, late September, but I expect that to be cancelled as well. I am enjoying riding, and resolved to ride these events next year. BikeMaine (weeklong) will be the same course, Katahdin Region, which should be great.

Reply to topic    

lrzipris

6/5/20 5:21 AM

Both of the local clubs, Suburban Cyclists Unlimited and the Central Bucks Bike Club, have canceled their big yearly events. The CBBC event is usually held in early October, and this was to be its 40th.

A friend keeps a regional ride/event calendar for SCU, a comprehensive list that many other clubs "borrow," and it shows that every ride through mid/late June has been canceled. Now that more and more PA counties are moving into a less-restrictive phase of shut-down, we'll see what happens to the remaining rides.

I volunteer to ride sweep at a charity event in late September and that is still on.

Reply to topic    

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

6/5/20 5:35 AM

I'm resigned

for no racing in 2020

Reply to topic    

dan emery

6/5/20 6:25 AM

and more

The Dempsey Challenge in late September is off as a group ride, but they're promising some funky Zwift/Strava app thing. I may just go ride the course (which comes close to my house).

Reply to topic    

henoch

6/16/20 2:59 PM

Racing

I dont think that we will see any Road racing this year but it seems like some MTB races are coming back online, and I expect to see more in the next 3-4 weeks.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

6/16/20 4:15 PM

TTs

I think you could do road time trials, but those seem to have died a few years ago.

I always loved them. Not in tt shape, but I’d try one now for the hell of it. I suspect there was a combination of declining interest as well as liability issues.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

6/16/20 4:23 PM

Maybe TTs will regain popularity as a result..

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

ErikS
Location: Slowing boiling over in the steamy south, Global Warming is real

6/16/20 5:56 PM

Many MTB races

MTB races are often TT formatted. Those could still go.

Road racing gets you covered in each other's snot and sweat. I can see the risk in that.

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

rickhardy
Location: Needham outside of Boston - the hub of the universe

6/17/20 5:09 AM

TT's

Our local 40 year old informal TT in Dover ran this month 10 person limit no gathering before or after, no lining up till you are called, social distancing, masks on up to the line
It worked out nice to be able to participate but you had to get your name in quick to get in when they posted to make it in the 10 person limit.....I looked it up been participating in this since '96

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -