HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Tire tech, tech 'creeps' forward ??

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

3/17/20 10:34 AM

Tire tech, tech 'creeps' forward ??

https://www.challengetires.com/product/tubular/strada-bianca/pro-h-tltu/22876?cat=gravel

Strada Bianca Pro 30, 33 and 36mm tubeless tubular.

So you bring the little tubeless tire plug kit with you.

This may be something I will watch the reviews going forward, and may actually make me steal some used tubular wheels. Which as far as used carbons wheels seem to have the best steal/deal used and low use.

My last sealant in tubed tubulars ended poorly...

The little tubular devil on poking me in the ear with a pointy little fork.... Rutt Row

Last edited by Sparky on 3/17/20 5:40 PM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

3/17/20 2:26 PM

Kinda reminds me of the guy that said what attracted him to tubes and vinyl was the inconvenience and expense. All the hassles of glue combined with sealant and possibly no roadside repair combined with great expense.

I like it.

dan emery

3/18/20 3:22 PM

More tubies

And here is Jan Heine on some tubies he’s carrying:

https://www.renehersecycles.com/fmb-tubulars/

Hmm, 30 mm setas for only $169 apiece...

Wait, I’d also need wheels...

Wait, maybe I could use the ridiculous Lew Palermos that have been gathering dust for years...

Reply to topic    

Sparky

3/18/20 5:36 PM

use the ridiculous Lew Palermos

Ahh.. yeah. ;)

Just check that these fatter toobies don't need a more updated/wider rim or something...

I am offering trade for some on local CL. Maybe I got a good chance considering folks are only going to buy shit when it is too good to pass coin wise. Even then, it is sure looking like a lot forks are going to be outta work for a while.

KerryIrons

3/19/20 8:18 AM

Tubie lover

quote:
Kinda reminds me of the guy that said what attracted him to tubes and vinyl was the inconvenience and expense. All the hassles of glue combined with sealant and possibly no roadside repair combined with great expense.

I love it. My 30 years on sew-ups captured in a short paragraph. Likewise a record collection that was replaced entirely by compact discs. 22 years since on clinchers haven't made me look back once. Likewise the only time I use my turntable is to digitize a vinyl record.

Reply to topic    

dddd

3/23/20 11:20 PM

Have had a bit of a flood of carbon tubulars pass through of late, still sitting on a pair of 10s American Classic 50mm wheels and a pair of Reynolds 45mm QR disc wheels for some frame with that configuration.
Prices are trending REALLY low, as in used-aluminum-wheel territory.

Tubeless tubular tires would be great IF I had some sort of data as to the performance of particular tires. Not going to buy just any Tufo garden-hose tubulars axcept as with my really old bikes that need tires such as S22's with above-average puncture resistance and especially (mounted) shelf life.
S22's will last forever if partly because nobody much likes riding on them(?).

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -