HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

SPOILER - An awesome Paris-Roubaix - SPOILER

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Brian Nystrom

4/15/19 4:30 PM

SPOILER - An awesome Paris-Roubaix - SPOILER

We watched it on-demand yesterday and it was so good that we actually sat through 3 hours of it, which is the most we've ever watched of a single race/stage.

In a just world, Wout Van Aerts would have survived to the end and at least made the podium. While I was bummed when he and Petey faded, it's hard not to love "Phil Gill's" perfect performance. As in Flanders, the team was the key to keeping him protected and disrupting the chasers.

Great race!

Reply to topic    

henoch

4/15/19 8:25 PM

So far I have only watched the last 15k but...
You gotta believe that if Sep's rear derailuer dosent go one vacation he would be on the podium and very likely the top step.

Another reason for mechanical....

Reply to topic    

Sparky

4/15/19 10:34 PM

Tubeless not quite ready for prime time cobbles?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kristoff-regrets-big-risk-after-using-tubeless-tyres-in-paris-roubaix/

Sagan just run outta steam?

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

dfcas

4/16/19 7:04 AM

Sure did miss Paul Sherwen.

dfcas

4/16/19 7:05 AM

Yeah, Sagan faded at the end. He had done a hard effort just before and was unable to respond to the last attack by Phil Gil.

henoch

4/16/19 8:53 AM

Sagens main teammate, Daniel Ohs crashed out of the race, so that hurt sagen

Reply to topic    

KerryIrons

4/16/19 9:22 AM

Cable foul

DVR's the race from NBCSports. My cable company system allowed me to just click on the program it records the whole thing. The recording ended with 8 km to go. I'd love to go back to the days when I could put in the start and stop times for the recording but now that takes extra steps and you assume that the program will cover the event. Oh well. Gilbert won.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

4/16/19 10:21 AM

The Tivo also does 'guide mishaps' Usually for special stuff I add an hour before and more after, but still get caught out time to time... For sure MOST sporting events we want to see.

Easy to hop thru the extra stuff to get hopefully the content caught in the recording window.

Saw this VID on Sagans 19+ lb Roubaix/Roubaix. ;)

That front 'shock'? built in seems a bit archaic?? Wonder if it is dampened. Imagine it bottoming all the time in use? I see the C-GR seat post is passe as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW9KRQtVMPE

Last edited by Sparky on 4/16/19 11:40 AM; edited 1 time in total

dfcas

4/16/19 11:05 AM

I've started recording the next hour after the event I want to watch. Its saved me several times.

Brian Nystrom

4/16/19 12:21 PM

"Saw this VID on Sagans 19+ lb Roubaix/Roubaix."

That's just the new version of the Roubaix. The seatposts and front shocks all look like that now.

What was the deal with Vanmarke's bike? I haven't seen any details. Was it just a dead battery?

Reply to topic    

Sparky

4/16/19 12:42 PM

"Was it just a dead battery?"

My money is on a dis-lodged cable. I saw some really nasty craters a few guys got swallowed into...

I learned early on the loose loops are important... When I added the climber switch I accidentally taped the STi loop.

A Speed bump I hit at speed with a bunny hop was enough to let the STi move upon landing, with the taped tight wire... Guess the rest...

henoch

4/16/19 7:18 PM

I doubt it was a dead battery, I wouldn't be surprised if it went into "crash mode" where it gets stuck in the 11.

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

4/19/19 5:51 AM

Yeah, Paul is missed.

I drifted off watching it. When I woke up I saw racing but no record light so now I have something called "The Beach Boys, Aretha Franklin, Frankie Avalon." Apparently they used to race professionally.

Considering this was not a live feed, maybe they just decided an editor cost more than the revenue gained by hosting another infomercial.

Anyway, that prompted me to extend the record time for Fleche / Liege 11:59 PM Wednesday the 24th / 1:30 AM Monday the 29th

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -