HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Hutchinson Sector 28 Tubeless

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

1/4/18 1:35 PM

Hutchinson Sector 28 Tubeless

They appear to have dialed out some of the hassles of road tubeless.

I tried to fit the Sectors on my Pacenti SL23 V1 rim/wheelset. Could not get them on by hand, so no go for dealing with a non sealed flat on the road for me.

Next, fit them on the WH-6800. Easy as pie, on by hand, off by hand. I do have gorilla hand I should ad, but age and strength not like it once was to be honest. My days of no jar to tight to open passed these past few years I am afraid.

Inflated with no sealant with a floor pump. Didn't hold air for long as sealant is required. But for a 110 lb blow off test, sano. Even easier than my older WH-7850 Dure Ace wheels, which have been the best until now here.

Put the sealant in and sealed up 100%, and two days later still very well inflated.

Tire ride nice even @ 95lb and feel fast at that pressure.

Anyway, sorry for posting about actually being able to test ride road tires outside to you east county folk. ;0

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

1/4/18 4:29 PM

And after a jaunt on rough chip seal roads [redone 2016] I will say this:

They do not ride any better than my GP4K with latex tubes, in fact maybe not quite as nice. 80/87lb on the pressures. Maybe that is good though, they feel the same @ 95 as 80/87. May as well use at higher pressure for lower resistance. Cause I need all the help I can get.

There was something more sluggish about this ride VS the test @ higher pressures. I suspect it was me. ;)

Nick Payne

1/6/18 8:47 PM

I've been using the Schwalbe S-One 700x30 tubeless on one of my bikes for about the past 18 months. At only 65kg I ride them at 45psi front and 70psi rear, and they roll our pretty well and are very comfortable setup like that. They measure a true 30mm wide on DT Swiss R23 rims.

I recently acquired a pair of Challenge Strada Bianca 700x30. They actually measure 32mm when mounted on the R23 rims, but I haven't actually swapped the wheels onto a bike yet to see what they feel like.

For recalcitrant tyre/rim combinations, I routinely carry a set of the Var tyre levers on every bike I have, as they make it pretty easy to mount any tyre on any rim. If you can't get the final section of the bead on by hand, you site one side of the lever on the opposite rim wall and hook the other side under the section of bead being mounted. This gives you a mechanical advantage of about five to one for seating the bead, and also prevents pinching of the tube.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

1/6/18 10:52 PM

I found the challange open and the Paves too get eaten and cut up way to fast. And my weight doesnt help. They wear fast for me.

I got levers, just like to use the mitts.

My new Stans came yestetday, my rear i used my blender mixed old wtb sealant was flat after 2 days. Off by hand 20 seconds. Cleaning the wtb i shoulda thrown out took 20 minutes. New Stans in, ride... Repeat ths ride part..

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -