HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Support Net Neutrality, FCC Petition, Competition

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
daddy-o

10/25/17 6:51 AM

Support Net Neutrality, FCC Petition, Competition

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver bought the domain: gofccyourself.com All it does is link to the results page that leads directly to the comment form to state this comment:

I support strong net neutrality backed by title 2 oversight of ISPs.

When you click gofccyourself.com you will land on an FCC page with a pair of links on the right that read "+New Filing / +Express"

Click Express for the comment form.

Proceedings 17-108 "Restoring Internet Freedom" is properly named. The subject is whether an internet service provider can prioritize traffic. For instance, Netflix may pay Comcast and Hulu may pay Verizon. If you're on the wrong network you may end up with lower quality delivery, pauses, stutters.

The YouTube link to the story
Same story after 1:15, where the link is explained

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

10/25/17 9:05 AM

Form seems broke...

Was user error. ;)

Last edited by Sparky on 10/26/17 4:44 PM; edited 1 time in total

daddy-o

10/25/17 12:45 PM

Dunno what to say other than I musta broke it.

Sparky

10/25/17 1:53 PM

Trump may have had his Russian friends hack it...

daddy-o

10/25/17 8:01 PM

Meester dear Precident, vee giff youh a gimmee on diss one, okay!?

dan emery

10/26/17 3:55 PM

OK

I see your patois is intended to be Russian, but when I first read it I thought you were channeling Larry:

http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine

This may be dated to the 10/25 'toon

Reply to topic    

daddy-o

10/26/17 5:49 PM

You give me too much credit.

BTW, I'm betting the comment period has closed, so the form is broken. I figured out the information was from a Colbert skit from April, republished on YouTube the other day. Separately, I guess with a penchant for full disclosure I can't even be elected dog catcher.

Sparky

10/26/17 7:27 PM

I got it done today. I was hitting tab which did not enter the data in the Name field, but did on the rest of the form. But did not error until the entire form was filled.

Sparky

12/14/17 6:34 PM

Well this is not looking too optimistic...

And FOX seems to be getting out of all but the fake news business... ;]

Subject to regulatory approval by the folks in gov that been buying up the appropriate stock?

That was among my most cynical posts. ;)

greglepore

12/14/17 7:48 PM

Rupert is getting out because he's a smart mf.

daddy-o

12/15/17 5:43 AM

WTF?!?

It's 6:22 the next morning, the FCC / FTC hasn't even gotten off the subway, my disk and CPU are, like, 1% and it's taking a weird-long time to do online edits to a cloud spreadsheet, then a document this morning. Like, "oops" corrections, and my cursor just sits there instead of backspacing, then boom-done caught up. Is Comcast really that well prepared to throttle non-Comcast business service subscribed traffic? (No) (and editing this rant was a cinch)

This can't possibly be related to the decision but the timing is uncanny.

(On a computer related issue, Microsoft issued its December update Tuesday and apparently it was more important than my deadline. The update didn't completely take over my system but it ran like cold molasses for a couple of hours. The hard drive was pegged 100%, then it dropped to 0% and a flag popped up with "how's about a reboot?" I sure wish MS would just issue a flag "hey, how's about leaving the laptop on tonight, we need to do some maintenance." End of rant.

Rickk

12/15/17 5:50 AM

@daddy-o
That's why I disabled all updates ...including the Win 10. After trying it, getti g peed ofc and reverting bck to a previous win 8.1 image created before the W10 update....over a yearago. Yes I know it may be dangerous to mess around without windows regularupdates...howver been lucky so fR.... if somethinghappens... will use a previously clean imagd again. No....dont have sensitive banking info on this desktop
Grrr

Reply to topic    

April

12/15/17 6:30 AM

That’s been my pet peeve all along. The update happens at random time and randers my computer useless for hours!!!

Although it offers me the “option” to “schedule the update at certain hour, it never happened. I still end up with the “update” happening at the most inconvenient time!

Sparky

12/15/17 8:17 AM

Giving Corp maggots license to throttle and manipulate data markets further, I see no good in that for the end user.

Got a new i7 laptop the other day. The time debuggering M$ crap compared to the i3 2 years ago... in a word, more.

iNet links to products on the logon screen, really?

Day two I get a popup that my cloud photo album is ready, do I wanna share it. M$ copied all my photos out of my Photo folder/library to the cloud.

So I had to log onto a cloud account I was never asked if I wanted to create to delete it all off and remove the photo and some other shit off.

It seemed like twice as much of that shit as the last time. And the usual User Telemetry crap, nuked! Remove M$ office and Mcaffee and extraneous parasitic 30 day use before nagged to pay apps. Feels like a job, saving grace being how fast it works doing it all once the HD get all indexed...

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -