Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

Your next/New bike?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparky

10/25/17 6:23 PM

Your next/New bike?

Hydrofoiler XE-1

https://www.follownews.com/hydrofoiler-xe1--this-innovative-bike-lets-you-ride-on-water-3nzdt

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Brian Nystrom

10/26/17 5:22 AM

It seems like a reasonable design...

...but notice what happens if you lean it.

It looks like you could probably put dropped bars on it...or better yet, aero bars!

Reply to topic    

dddd

10/26/17 11:37 AM

The 2018 Ninja 400 looks really good, with a lighter design than even their current 300.
I saw it this morning on Motorcyclist Online btw. I loved the minimalist chassis design and it looks like an extremely balanced package with sturdy suspension architechture.
I digress perhaps.

Very odd robot voice used to describe the hydrofoiler. Is that a translator app?
It apparently needs battery power to operate.

Reply to topic    

Sparky

10/26/17 2:56 PM

Let me stick this here, bizarre?

https://co-motion.com/bikes/klatch

Options include:
Pinion 12spd Gearbox ($3580)
Pinion 18spd Gearbox ($4300)
CS3 Di2 Hydro Kit ($4100)
Frameset is only 2100.00 though...

I paid $26,400 my first house....

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Nick Payne

10/27/17 12:27 AM

Those Lauf Grit forks actually get quite a good review from the couple that I've seen, but (apart from the appearance) the price is a real turn-off.

Cyclingabout.com has a complete list of touring bikes available with the Pinion gearbox: https://www.cyclingabout.com/complete-list-of-pinion-p-18-speed-gearbox-touring-and-trekking-bikes/ . Was published about 18 months ago so a bit out of date.

If you want expensive, Darren Baum's latest Ti frame offering comes in at $A11350 for frame, fork, headset, and seatpost, and $A13110 for the cheapest complete build. You could easily add another $A5k for eTap plus a pair of fancy wheels. https://www.baumcycles.com/orbis.html

One of my friends has a house she inherited from her parents, a half acre block on the north side of Sydney directly across the road from Kuringai Chase National Park. Her parents bought the block of land in 1935 for 35 pounds ($A70). In fact, they bought two adjacent blocks of land for 35 pounds each, and were really chuffed when they sold one of them a couple of years later for 70 pounds.

Reply to topic    

dan emery

10/27/17 7:29 AM

actually

Those option prices are for the whole component kit so the bike with the most expensive kit and the fancy fork is $6,685. Not cheap, but you can find a lot worse (don't ask me how I know).

Reply to topic    

Brian Nystrom

10/30/17 7:16 AM

The Baum price is in Aussie Dollars...

...but even corrected to $8700 USD and considering the quality and customization, that price is ridiculous. If people will pay it, more power to him, but considering one could purchase two Ti frames from a variety of excellent companies for that price, it seems like it's aimed at people with more money than sense, a stereotypical "dentist's bike". The guy charges $19 for an effin' water bottle...seriously!?

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -