HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

TTF linkup @ Worlds?

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
walter

8/1/15 9:34 AM

TTF linkup @ Worlds?

the 2015 Worlds are in Richmond VA...and the event is less than 2 months day! Worlds dont come this way too often, the prior iterations hosted in North America were in Hamilton, Ontario back in 2003 and Boulder, CO back in 1986. for a bona-fide cycling nut, this is a rare opportunity to see the worlds best cyclist in top condition racing on home soil.

so i'm putting this out there: are there any other TTFers planning on heading out to Richmond in September?!?!

here' the event website with dates/logistics/etc.

http://richmond2015.com/about/about-the-world-championships/

Reply to topic     Send e-mail

Sparky

8/1/15 9:54 AM

If I was still in Joisey I would do that for sure. I am too busy spending my air fair on bikes...

greglepore

8/1/15 2:13 PM

I had posted earlier, too early...

I am renting a house in Charlottesville for the week. Its an hour drive from Richmond, but its an awesome university town with killer food, lots of history, and an old main st that's now a pedestrian mall with all of the old stores converted to bars and restaurants.

But, more importantly, its only 25 miles or so from the great climbs of the Blue Ridge-Reeds Gap etc.

So, hit me up if you want more info. glepore123 using google's email.

Oh yeah, for anyone really adventurous, Devil's Backbone brewing (they're on the Blue Ridge near Wintergreen, site of an epic Tour DuPont finish) is holding a bikefest the weekend before worlds. And they do a gravel ride in the spring, the cue is online.

Walter, I'd bring a Colnago but mine's 20lbs plus and 53-39. Terrain inappropriate except for cruising around Richmond.

walter

8/1/15 8:39 PM

we're staying in a cottage in crozet (visiting family). flying, so no bike coming-with this time -- just good walking shoes while i'm checking out the races.

lets swap mobile#s as we get closer, try to connect that weekend!

henoch

8/2/15 6:05 PM

I hope to make it down as well, I doubt that I'll be able to get down before Friday.
I'm definitely up for some kind of meet up, weather it's on or off the bike.
I will more then likely just stay in a motel in Richmond.

Reply to topic    

dfcas

8/6/15 9:57 AM

My daughter lives in Richmond, so I am going to combine a visit with her and hopefully see some racing. I'd be up for a meetup. I won't have a bike there, as I am taking a bus and train to get there. I'll give my cell to yins.

walter

8/6/15 11:34 AM

where are y'all staying in relation to...

...the Fan Fest @ the convention center? that is the center-of-gravity for fan events, along with the fan-zone along the start finish straight:

and another map showing more activity areas on more of the course:

dfcas

8/8/15 6:31 PM

Amtrak is accepting bikes

They have a special program during worlds. You can roll your bike on, but I believe there is a $25 fee each direction. I've elected not to take a bike.

henoch

8/10/15 8:55 AM

I'm staying about 6.6 miles away from the convention center, according to google maps it's a 10 minute drive but I don't know what the road closures will be like around there, it might be easier to ride over and not have to worry as much about road closure, parking etc...
Though that will mean that I have to drag my bike along with me all day.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -