HOMECLUBS | SPONSORS | FEATURESPHOTO GALLERYTTF DONORS | SHOP FOR GEAR

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
          View posts since last visit

OT: NOT Down East Inns & B&Bs

Author Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lrzipris

8/8/15 8:53 AM

OT: NOT Down East Inns & B&Bs

I would like to call on the collective experience and wisdom of this group. My SO and I will be up in Bar Harbor on a bike trip late September, and we thought we might stop for a night or two on the way up, perhaps somewhere between Portsmouth, NH, and Portland, ME. Any recommendations for B&Bs, inns, or even chain motels? Thanks. --Roy

Last edited by lrzipris on 8/8/15 10:25 AM; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic    

dan emery

8/8/15 9:28 AM

Down East

Hi Roy,

First, the Portsmouth-Portland area is not Down East. You have to go further Up the coast to get Down East :)

I'm sure there are a million B&Bs in the area at all levels of fanciness, but I'm not specifically familiar with any. Rick Hardy and his wife are repeat customers at the Hampton Inn in Portland, which is nicely located in the Old Port and right near a nice bike path.

If you are in he area, I'd enjoy having dinner with you anywhere around Portland.

Reply to topic    

bboston75

8/8/15 9:27 PM

Stops on way to Bar Harbor

Exactly what we did last summer, on way to a friend's in Hancock, just east of Mt. Desert. Casco Bay Motel in Freeport, just north of Portland, is nice and reasonable, just a couple miles from the LL Bean complex, including the discount store. And a real find: the Oakland Seashore Motel and Cabins, in between Rockland and the tiny village of Rockport, just south of Camden. Get one of the cabins. They're small, but about ten yards from the water, with a view of Vinalhaven Island on the horizon. We woke up to the sound of the local lobster boat pulling traps. And do you plan to ride the carriage roads in Acadia? Southwest Cycle in Soithwest Harbor rents cross bikes and will put on any pedals you want, or your own. Good maps, and very helpful and friendly.

Reply to topic    

Return to CyclingForum Home Page CYCLING TECH TALK FORUM
           View New Threads Since My Last Visit VIEW THREADS SINCE MY LAST VISIT
           Start a New Thread

Last Thread | Next Thread  >  

If you enjoy this site, please consider pledging your support

cyclingforum.com - where cyclists talk tech
Cycling TTF Rides Throughout The World

Cyclingforum is powered by SYNCRONICITY.NET in Denver, Colorado -